Anybody put a Jensen mod6-15 in one?
Do you like how it improved tone?
I am thinking of putting one in mine. For 20 bucks you cant go wrong.
Any other mods you would suggest doing tubes,capacitors?
I would like to maybe add a knob for treble,bass and mids
also maybe some tubes that would help it overdrive instead of just breakup
I was maybe thinking having this controled by a dual potentiometer located where the volume pot is
I would have the volume on top an gain on bottom. Ive never done a mod in my life but i think this is a
good place to start!

Have you considered turning it into a head only? I had one for a few weeks and it sounded great through my 4x12...however I think a 2x12 or 2x10 cab would be much more practical. 6" speakers just don't quite do it for me and seem to really fart out at higher volumes. Everything else though, minus adding a tube, I have seen done at one place or another on teh webz.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
ive seen people put a 10inch speaker in them. which helps tone. or use it as a head. also, replace those stock tubes. put jj or sovtek tubes in them. go google fender champ 600 mods/reviews and it'll basically say until you replace those tubes, people dont like them as much.

have fun, and good luck
Kinda defeating the purpose of the Champ by adding tone controls and such. It's just supposed to be a plug and play amp with no fiddling around. You'd have to rebuild the power supply to be able to handle another tube and you'd have a hell of a time finding a way to install a new tube socket. If you really want it to grind harder just throw a boost or tubescreamer in front of it. By all means replace the speaker and tubes, but there are much simpler and cheaper solutions to achieve more distortion.
My Tele Project!

Cheapy Johnson Steel String Acoustic
Les Paul Ripoff w/ SD SH2 and SH4
Modded Crate V18 2x12 w/ Weber Speakers
Squier Deluxe 5-string Active J-Bass
Acoustic B100 15" Bass Combo Amp
Gray VS Jekyll & Hyde
Vox V847A Wah
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=782108

Check out this thread. It has a lot of good info, and helped a lot when I did a few mods to my Champ. It does sound much better with a larger speaker, but I haven't tried the Jensen you were talking about so I can't tell you much there.

EDIT: and yes, the Champ 600 is a great place to start modding. Cheap, simple, and there's lots of support on it.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Last edited by barden1069 at Sep 19, 2010,
Thanks for all the responses guys i think ill take your advice and switch out the stock tubes
and see how that improves the tone and then maybe try a speaker swap if i still am not satisfied
with the tone. I guess ill disregard the duel pot thing i didnt think that it would take a rebuild
of the power supply and stuff like that. I have thought about turning it into a head but ima poor
teenager with no mony to buy a cab . Leviman do you know where i could find one of these tube gurus?
Mike i just liked the thought of have a bass,mid and treble controls to make it more versitial plus i kinda
want the sound to be alittle more treblely as for using a pedal to push it i have been using a Boss bd-2
blues driver but i like the sound of naural tube overdrive

Sorry this is abit confusing
Last edited by geoffh at Sep 19, 2010,
Adding a tone control wouldn't be very hard, I was more saying that it defeats the less is more dynamic of the amp. Adding a tube is what would be more trouble than it's worth. Go ahead with the tone control if you want, you just need to find a concentric pot and knobs that would fit in the amp and wire it appropriately.
My Tele Project!

Cheapy Johnson Steel String Acoustic
Les Paul Ripoff w/ SD SH2 and SH4
Modded Crate V18 2x12 w/ Weber Speakers
Squier Deluxe 5-string Active J-Bass
Acoustic B100 15" Bass Combo Amp
Gray VS Jekyll & Hyde
Vox V847A Wah