Is this possible? Ive searched and searched because i just dont like the gold at all and i want to get the white/black bevels one. But the gold hardware just doesnt look nice with that finish (well i think anyway) my opinion so do you think i should just get the Matt tuck sig instead (white w/black bevels) ? Its the closest thing ill get to the RR1T as well as i dont have that much moneysss and its dropped a little in price since it was released. Im seeing it for around $1099 which is just under £600.

What do you think??
A Jackson Randy Rhodes isn't cheap, so if you're short of cash you will have to save up. With that in mind, Jackson has a custom shop and I'm sure they will make you one like you've described. Start saving your bucks.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
A Jackson Randy Rhodes isn't cheap, so if you're short of cash you will have to save up. With that in mind, Jackson has a custom shop and I'm sure they will make you one like you've described. Start saving your bucks.

well i can get the rr5 for about £700-£800, which is cheap compared to the RR1T, which is about £1000 extra! So theres no way im getting that. If i bashed it even once i dont think i'd be able to live with my self. ha.

Also, if i got it custom shop would the price be bumped up or would i be paying extra money just because its custom? If it had all the specs of an RR5 i mean?

AND : beckyjc- this place you linked me to is pretty awesome, but they dont have many jacksons in stock? i wish there was a place that did the black hardware for jacksons, then i could just get the white w/ black bevels RR5 and change the gold plates n that.

and i forgot to mention, RR3 is out of the question because i dont want a floyd rose.
okay i dont think i have enough for a custom shop jackson RR...wouldnt the matt tuck sig be the closest thing to a RR1T? RR3 has a floyd and the RR5 has gold plates which i really dont like...
What I would do is try and find one used and paint it the way you want it. IMO, that guitar is the best looking guitar, with gold. But of coarse, that is my opinion. If I don't like the color of something, I usually just paint it.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
Quote by the1967mustang
What I would do is try and find one used and paint it the way you want it. IMO, that guitar is the best looking guitar, with gold. But of coarse, that is my opinion. If I don't like the color of something, I usually just paint it.

well the thing is, its the hardware thats gold, not the paint... The RR5 white w/black bevels is really nice but i just dont want that gold hardware with it.
If it bothers you that much just replace the bridge and tuners. You should be able to remove the tailpeice/pickguard thing anyway. Spray em black if you want or just leave them off.

Though itll leave you with screw holes.

Edit: Actually im not sure if the controls are mounted to the pickguard, they probably are. Though i cant imagine it being impossible to find a replacement pickguard.

If you cant be bothered with any of that, then either put up with a floyd, put up with the gold or spend more money.
Last edited by beckyjc at Sep 19, 2010,
Okay i think i'm going to get the matt tuck signature, which i can pick up for about £600 new. Thats really good imo: Alder body, string through, neck through, emg's, its got the lot. I really dont care about a reverse headstock or the inlays its the sound that im really interested in anyway. It comes in my favourite finish as well which is Snow white w/black bevels, AND the control panel/bridge plate are in black as well. I dont know why people hate it so much?
Because people hate BFMV. With a fiery passion.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Quote by Thrasher51
Because people hate BFMV. With a fiery passion.

regardless, its a great guitar. If it didnt have those arrow inlays you wouldnt even be able to tell its his sig because his silhouette is on the back of the headstock.