I need to get a new amp soon. im playing with my dad's pod xt live through his fender super twin reverb, which has been good enough but for several reasons i need to get my own.
i have always liked the dual rec tone more than anything else and up until now i was absolutely sure i wanted that amp more than any other, but i just found out about the stiletto deuce and i heard it is better for lead work. i play death metal and i do a lot of lead work.
is this true about the stiletto deuce? and if so, can i get that brutal tone that the dual rec has?
and if the dual rec does need some tightening up for solos and stuff, i have a boss super overdrive, would that be enough to make it lead work worthy?
no, too expensive. i can find great deals (like 50% off ) on dual recs and stilettos
Quote by Diebymyhand
no, too expensive. i can find great deals (like 50% off ) on dual recs and stilettos

Like...where?

I agree that the Stilleto Duece is not built for Death Metal but that is just going off clips and others opinions.
^ +1
The Stilleto is a British voiced amp, its not voiced for what you want, and it wont give you a brutal tone. It would be great for 80's metal, but not for death, a Recto would be much better suited for that.
The Dual Rectifier has recently been redesigned and is said to be noticeably better that the original - and the original was a fantastic amplifier to begin with. If you want the heavy, high-gain tones, then get a Dual Rectifier.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Get a 2 Channel Dual Recto. Better lead sound than the 3 channels and that amp is ridiculously punchy, would be absolutely devastating for death metal.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Ignite
Duece Rectoking Stardyne.

It's the only mesa I'd ever own.

Quote by phlip999

wow that thing has 9 channels could be cool, tho lots and lots of tubes
Gear:
Ernie Ball MusicMan JP7
Schecter Hellraiser 006
Mesa Boogie Road King s.2
Mesa Boogie 4x12 Recto cab

Ibanez Keeley TS-9
TC Electronics G-Force
Amp Gizmo
Voodoo Labs GCX
Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro
Really didn't care much for the Sliletto I had......the crunch channel imo was terrible.
whilst the stiletto is a good amp the max amount of gain you're gonna get from it isn't going to be enough for death metal. the recto will do death metal VERY well, pop a boost like a Maxon OD808 or something in front and you'll love it. the guy from Cannibal Corpse uses a Triple Recto and it sounds epic, but IMO 150 watts is just silly
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.