I was just having a "safety meeting" and had a though...

All animals have sex with eachother. Most do not keep partners. All do not have sex for pleasure. I want to know when in our evolution did humanes decide that sex was a special thing and not just meant for reproducing babies. When did we start to have sex just for pleasure?
I would take this to the sex thread, but eh.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by Iamafunguy

All animals have sex with eachother. Most do not keep partners. All do not have sex for pleasure. I want to know when in our evolution did humanes decide that sex was a special thing and not just meant for reproducing babies. When did we start to have sex just for pleasure?

actually some animals do have sex for fun, bottle nose dolphins for instance and some primates have sex for fun as well.

In human evolution we considered sex a meaningful thing when we invented religion.
Quote by Iamafunguy

All animals have sex with eachother. Most do not keep partners. All do not have sex for pleasure. I want to know when in our evolution did humanes decide that sex was a special thing and not just meant for reproducing babies.

Probably right about the time religion came along and made everything that feels good bad.
When did we start to have sex just for pleasure?

When we realized that it was pleasurable?
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Probably when we realized that we get jealous. Then we have the idea of "don't screw my wife! " coming into law to keep social order.
we actually never really started having sex for pleasure, we just invented ways to stop the conception from happening (due to pregnancy becoming an undesirable thing in certain situations). It's still the same instinctional urges that make us have sex, it's just that our society has changed so much that we found it necessary to take away the reproduction part in most cases.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by Iamafunguy

Actually, dolphins do. Scientific fact. Only other animal to **** for pleasure.
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Several primates do it for shits and giggles.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
It's still just meant for producing babies. It just turns out that pleasure gives us more of a reason to do it.

Maybe when we got smarter we began to rely less on intincts compared to other animals, and needed the pleasure aspect of it to keep us fucking, I don't know.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Sep 19, 2010,
Quote by Deadlock Riff
When humans lost their minds, ohwaitaminute.

This.
There was this huge thing called monotheistic religions a pretty big catalyst of it and before you knew it if you didn't adhere to the religion of the region you were in, you most likely stoned or driven out. Recently, the differences between societies founded on abrahamic principles (or in the US, the puritan belief system) and other nations has been apparent through their dealing with sex related topics. For example, the Japanese are much more open about sex in their society than mosr Americans.

Edit: But we probably began to think it was pleasurable when our bodies evolved to such a state. I mean, humans are unique in that their mating season is virtually neverending, so it only makes sense that those with the capacity to enjoy it, would do it more often. Thus making offspring that enjoy having sex. Natural selection and whatnot you know?
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Last edited by Victory2134 at Sep 19, 2010,
Quote by gatechballer
Actually, dolphins do. Scientific fact. Only other animal to **** for pleasure.

Wrong, I believe echidnas also do it for teh lulz. Maybe not echidnas, but there were definitely more mammals that have sex for fun.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by the bartender
we actually never really started having sex for pleasure, we just invented ways to stop the conception from happening (due to pregnancy becoming an undesirable thing in certain situations). It's still the same instinctional urges that make us have sex, it's just that our society has changed so much that we found it necessary to take away the reproduction part in most cases.

Our society invented those ways to stop conception because of the pleasure we got out of it though. Other animals don't ever try to stop conception when having sex.
Quote by Iamafunguy
Our society invented those ways to stop conception because of the pleasure we got out of it though. Other animals don't ever try to stop conception when having sex.

no, that doesn't make any sense. For those other animals it doesn't matter if they get pregnant or not (in most cases pregnancy is even desirable), while the social structure we developed made pregnancy very undesirable in certain situations. Our urges to have sex didn't change though, so we had to find ways to stop the conception from happening. the 'pleasure' part has always been there, it's just a little trick our instinct does to make sure we fornicate enough.

Maybe you should ask this guy:

*realizes almost nobody's going to get the joke, and those who do won't find it amusing or clever in the least*
Quote by RU Experienced?
Yes, they're all about the bitches.

OT:humans got selfish, for lack of a better term, and thought sex is pleasurable, lets do it all the time! then many people were born and aids spread and stuff happened. now we are here...
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by Alucard817
actually some animals do have sex for fun, bottle nose dolphins for instance and some primates have sex for fun as well.

In human evolution we considered sex a meaningful thing when we invented religion.

I think humans had sex for fun originally (pleasure is an incentive). A guy wants to nail the chick for pleasure, then a few weeks later he finds out that the girl is pregnent and either leaves her or stays. Then the dude does the chick later, hoping it wont happen again, then nocks her up and eventually quits having sex because he doesn't want to have more kids because he figures out it wont happen if he doesn't have sex, then tells his kids what happens and then a larger amount of people refrain from sex for pleasure.

If people didn't have sex for pleasure, every culture in history wouldn't have prostitutes.

Then Birth Control was invented, and sex for pleasure becomes less risky, and more people do it.

That's my idea, whatever.
Quote by zgr0826
Several primates do it for shits and giggles.

Bonobos.

I love bonobos. They're so cute, and they pretty much live by the slogan "make love, not war."
Quote by Holy Katana
Bonobos.

I love bonobos. They're so cute, and they pretty much live by the slogan "make love, not war."

this is a sex thread and you say you love bonobos.

okay then.... >_>
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by Holy Katana
Bonobos.

this is true, even the most asexual bonobo is probably still hornier than the horniest male teenager.

Quote by :Vicious--
this is a sex thread and you say you love bonobos.

okay then.... >_>

about 98% of their DNA is exactly the same as ours, so it's barely bestiality (although recent studies suggest that this figure might be a little lower than that).

Last edited by the bartender at Sep 19, 2010,
Quote by Holy Katana

You know I don't mean it like that.

sorry but i just had to point it out.
Quote by CrunchyRoll
Quote by stutter
maybe we didn't evolve?

Seriously

If animals get no pleasure from sex, what drives their instinct to have sex?

The pleasure of sex comes from the endorphins that are released upon orgasm, which happens in all mammals.
Quote by Iamafunguy

it just feels good? thats why we do it for pleasure. haha when eve bit into the apple hahaha
I <3 Rock Mushik
Last edited by deviousducky at Sep 19, 2010,