I'm just wondering what places people here go to to find new music, keep up with bands, etc. Like, I follow bands on twitter and read the news on this site, for example, among other things. What about allayall?
I don't keep up at all.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Word of mouth mostly.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I know a few people who tend to keep up with it. I keep up with it a bit myself. So, in the long run, it works out well.
the websites/forums of the bands I like, and from friends.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Last edited by the bartender at Sep 19, 2010,
Last.fm, UG, word of mouth.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
I'd also like to point out that NME is utter shite. Stupid indiesnobs.

DJs
blogs
******A Console Cowboy****** 1
UG pretty much. I might also take a look at a Guitar World or Total Guitar at a 7/11 once in a while. Never buy them though.

Oh and like once every blue moon i might turn on the local music channel just to see whats considered popular these days. Except the local music channel (Much Music) doesn't seem to play music anymore; its just dancing and vampire shows.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Rolling Stone
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Antiquiet and Decibel , mostly, but also occasionally Beatcrave , Consequence of Sound , Some Kind of Awesome , Stereogum , The Needle Drop , Pitchfork , The Deli , Brooklyn Vegan , very rarely Rolling Stone , the CBC Radio 3 site , and of course youtube.

Lots of them are reporting the same stuff, but I've discovered a lot of new bands on the less popular ones. And not to knock UG as a whole, but with the exception of the odd interview, the quality of news on this site is definitely not the attraction for me.
Does anyone know good sites for extreme or underground metal besides Decibel?
Last edited by NShore at Sep 19, 2010,
Radio, mostly.

Maybe Rolling Stone or Blender.
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Sep 19, 2010,
the only new things i learn are older bands that i never knew about

i think mtv should be a good source of important knowledge tho
i like broccoli and long drives at the beach on my segway
Rocksound, UG, Twitter, Facebook, friends. It's not hard to keep up with music, it's more just something that happens to me now rather than something I have to make happen.
Quote by Rockoz
the only new things i learn are older bands that i never knew about

i think mtv should be a good source of important knowledge tho

'should' as in 'it should be, but isn't atm', or 'should' as in 'everyone should watch it'?

Quote by NShore
Antiquiet and Decibel , mostly, but also occasionally Beatcrave , Consequence of Sound , Some Kind of Awesome , Stereogum , The Needle Drop , Pitchfork , The Deli , Brooklyn Vegan , very rarely Rolling Stone , the CBC Radio 3 site , and of course youtube.

Lots of them are reporting the same stuff, but I've discovered a lot of new bands on the less popular ones. And not to knock UG as a whole, but with the exception of the odd interview, the quality of news on this site is definitely not the attraction for me.
Does anyone know good sites for extreme or underground metal besides Decibel?
Woah, Jackpot! Thanks, haha. And yeah, I agree that the news here isn't really quality. It seems to focus too much on heavier music, and I sometimes feel like the journalism is pretty unprofessional : /
Mainly Pitchfork and Stereogum.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by whitenihilist
you poor soul

Where else could I have heard about the hard road and hot times of a fallen angel? Exactly. Nowhere.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Post rock page on FB, good list of post rock bands updated daily.

Holographic Metallicus blogspot for metal.

Various other blogs for the rest, sirensound, thesilentballet, stonerobixx.
Quote by Riffofthebeast
hitler could have conquered the entire world if he just sent an assasin to every enemy country and have their leader assasinated
Mainly from Wikipediaing genres/bands I like.
Sometimes from people on UG and music reviews in the local newspaper (which are surprisingly good.)

I don't really bother keeping up with music though. It doesn't matter to me whether my music is old or new, as long as I like it.
cat