hey there i recently switched from .45's to .35 strings and the neck is a little bent in the direction of the fretboard, does any adjust need to be made to the trussrod and bridge?
and if so how do i make a perfect adjustment to bridge and truss to get good action and no fret buzz?
thanx
the strings are putting less tension on the neck then they used to be, so you need to relieve the tension in your truss rod by loosening it. 1/4 turn at a time wait 12 hours. observe, repeat as necessary.
no sir away a papaya war is on
You do, otherwise you can f*ck the neck up.

.35s? They some skinny strings.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Quote by sstony
You dont have to wait 12 hours

My experience is thazt most of the movement is pretty quick but there will be some settling in as well for a couple of days.
yeah the 12 hour rule is a better safe than sorry kinda thing. you can do like a turn in a half at once and be fine, you can also do a 3/4 turn and destroy everything. you never really know so a 1/4 per 12 hours is a safe bet.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by the_perdestrian
yeah the 12 hour rule is a better safe than sorry kinda thing. you can do like a turn in a half at once and be fine, you can also do a 3/4 turn and destroy everything. you never really know so a 1/4 per 12 hours is a safe bet.

Definitely this. Don't want to wake up in the morning with a warped neck.
I think you girls need a lesson in setting up a guitar, I adjust necks on guitars and basses all day long and nobody waits or even needs to wait hours to see the results, when you adjust the neck you´ll see it right away and not in 12 hours.
^um, can we be a bit less insulting in our responses?

My experience has been the same as Phil Stars. Yes, it you will see some change immediately, but it there is some settling in afterwards. You don't want to over turn a truss rod--believe me its an expensive mistake to make.