new amp thread! Both seem pretty good and within my price range, but which is better? The SuperChamp is Versatile but I liked the sound of the V22...

EDIT: Guitar Center online prices (budget near $300)

Edit Edit: first tube amp either way...
Last edited by italiarlz135 at Sep 19, 2010,
I have not played the V22 but I can assure you that the SuperChamp is a great amp 1,000's of people can attest to that. It is a hybrid amp and has effects built in so if you want just a strait up simple tube amp then there are other choices. I am assuming your budget is around $300.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I have not played the V22 but I can assure you that the SuperChamp is a great amp 1,000's of people can attest to that. It is a hybrid amp and has effects built in so if you want just a strait up simple tube amp then there are other choices. I am assuming your budget is around $300.

It is pretty much a straight up tube amp. you can push the tubes like any tube amp, it responds like a tube amp (for the cleaner channels, at least). It really only gets it's high gain and the effects from the effect part of the amp.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
It is pretty much a straight up tube amp. you can push the tubes like any tube amp, it responds like a tube amp (for the cleaner channels, at least). It really only gets it's high gain and the effects from the effect part of the amp.

Oh I agree with you. I love the amp. I was just pointing out that it was Hybrid with effects. Like you said, it gets its effects from the effects part of the amp.
i didnt open the thread but i also have q couple of questions:
1. is the clean channel only tube? no ss?
2. would the scxd sound good for metal with a good dist. pedal in front of the clean channel?
I have the V22 but haven't played the Fender. I like the V22, its a vintage voiced amp, you can get some really nice clean sounds and some nice distortion, cranked: it sounds like the guitar from Teenage Kicks. You could use an OD/DS pedal to get it higher, but I haven't tried that yet as I've only had it for 2 weeks.
Guitars:
Fame Forum 3
Aria STG-004
Ashton Acoustic

Amps:
Bugera V22
Drive CD-10

Effects:
Boss ME-50

Quote by Kanthras
2/10

No fire extinguisher reference, unoriginal, no Militia flamebait, disappointing.

Bugera Users Militia
Last.fm
with all these good comments i'm epic-ly torn... The bugera has AWESOME driven sounds but the Fender has AWESOME cleans ftw. But another key point, the Bugera is SEEEEEXY
Quote by italiarlz135
with all these good comments i'm epic-ly torn... The bugera has AWESOME driven sounds but the Fender has AWESOME cleans ftw. But another key point, the Bugera is SEEEEEXY

Yes it is absolutely gorgeous, Black Leather and Cream Leather.
Guitars:
Fame Forum 3
Aria STG-004
Ashton Acoustic

Amps:
Bugera V22
Drive CD-10

Effects:
Boss ME-50

Quote by Kanthras
2/10

No fire extinguisher reference, unoriginal, no Militia flamebait, disappointing.

Bugera Users Militia
Last.fm
Quote by italiarlz135

If you looked for used amps, you could probably buy them both and A/B them.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by philipk
i didnt open the thread but i also have q couple of questions:
1. is the clean channel only tube? no ss?
2. would the scxd sound good for metal with a good dist. pedal in front of the clean channel?
The clean channel stills goes through the DSP. It's pretty much voice #4 on the voiced channel side, which is a clean Blackface amp.

I've run both pedals and multifx through the clean channel and it sounds good. You may find that one of the two high-gain voices is adequate or use a pedal. For really cranking the amp and playing at high volumes you'll probably want a speaker swap. The Ragin Cajun Speaker is a favorite swap out as it's more efficient and sound better at high volumes. I play mine at fairly reasonable volumes and am happy with the stock speaker.
Quote by Jhachey22
If you looked for used amps, you could probably buy them both and A/B them.

I appreciate the joke, but in all seriousness I wouldn't buy a used Bugera, all the ones pre-mid 2008 have the plastic transformer. Which causes the reliability problems, but it is a simple fix so if it was going for piss cheap, I'd get it and take it to an amp tech.
Guitars:
Fame Forum 3
Aria STG-004
Ashton Acoustic

Amps:
Bugera V22
Drive CD-10

Effects:
Boss ME-50

Quote by Kanthras
2/10

Bugera Users Militia
Last.fm
Well, the Bugera has a nice rock tone and imo good enough cleans. I'd take it over the Super Champ XD if you played in a loud rock band, for example (The Champ is loud enough for band use, too, but you won't have much clean headroom). The Champ naturally is a far more versatile offering and shines in areas which the Bugera doesn't focus on (edge-of-breakup sounds, general low-gain stuff).
Both are nice, soooo... play 'em both and see?

EDIT: ^Plastic clip. You can't make transformers out of plastic. I wouldn't wonder if Behringer tried though...
Last edited by TheQuailman at Sep 20, 2010,
Quote by lukegjpotter
I appreciate the joke, but in all seriousness I wouldn't buy a used Bugera, all the ones pre-mid 2008 have the plastic transformer. Which causes the reliability problems, but it is a simple fix so if it was going for piss cheap, I'd get it and take it to an amp tech.
The V series never had that problem. Also, it's the transformer clip that was plastic, not the transformer itself.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by TheQuailman

EDIT: ^Plastic clip. You can't make transformers out of plastic. I wouldn't wonder if Behringer tried though...

Can a guy not make a typo?
Guitars:
Fame Forum 3
Aria STG-004
Ashton Acoustic

Amps:
Bugera V22
Drive CD-10

Effects:
Boss ME-50

Quote by Kanthras
2/10

Bugera Users Militia
Last.fm
Jhachey22 is not amused.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
I used to have a scxd and i returned it. It had awful SS dist and od. it sounded like a tube amp but not really.

the V22 is awesome. Great little amp. I have had my eye on one.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
I have a superchamp xd but in this situation I'm going to say go with the v22 definitely.
Quote by MortifiedLizard
recently I turned it into an Esquire that impregnates unsuspecting people with my children whenever I play it.

Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.
What for? The thread was pretty conclusive..
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!