Ok, I'm in a thrash metal band as one of two guitarists, but like Megadeth, Iron Maiden...well alot of heavy/thrash metal bands, we're hoping to share the lead role. However our other guitarist is far superior to me, he's really good, so for now while I train myself up to be as good as him, I'm just gonna stick to rhythm guitar.

Anyway, of all the styles I've heard, I love the style of Chris Poland on Peace Sells. I've heard you don't need to know too many scales to play like that either, he's mainly centered around pentatonic? So I figured I'd start training by learning to play speed metal solos in a way that meant I could stick with pentatonic for now, and then after learning from Chris's style, develop my own.

So, what other traits do you guys associate with Poland's playing?
I'm not a Megadeth aficianado (spelling?), so I think you pretty much answered your question. Just remember to keep your playing clean & relaxed, don't use the neck pup while practicing and use a metronome.
Quote by kerkhammet
Ok, I'm in a thrash metal band as one of two guitarists, but like Megadeth, Iron Maiden...well alot of heavy/thrash metal bands, we're hoping to share the lead role. However our other guitarist is far superior to me, he's really good, so for now while I train myself up to be as good as him, I'm just gonna stick to rhythm guitar.

Anyway, of all the styles I've heard, I love the style of Chris Poland on Peace Sells. I've heard you don't need to know too many scales to play like that either, he's mainly centered around pentatonic? So I figured I'd start training by learning to play speed metal solos in a way that meant I could stick with pentatonic for now, and then after learning from Chris's style, develop my own.

So, what other traits do you guys associate with Poland's playing?

Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.