Hi guys, it's almost the end of the year and i've got my major exams coming up, 3 of which are worth 50%.

How do you guys study for exams?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Hey man I'm doing my HSC through TAFE.

I'm awful at it so I'll be no good

But you're probably best off reading through the questions while watchin tv/movie with your family.

So then it's not straight out bullshit reading, and it's not that distracting.

I don't know though lol Good luck in your exams.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
I cram the night before the exam. Sometimes I skip school to study the day before.

I never remember anything if I study more than a few days in advance because all that information gets replaced by useless crap I don't need to know. So it'd be a waste of time if I did anything else.

^this only applies to BS classes I don't want to take but I have to in order to graduate. if it's a class I actually like, I probably won't need to study at all. Just a quick review of everything 10 minutes before and I'm good.

edit: I failed PE exams a lot...it was very demoralizing since all we had to do was describe the rules of some sport
now I just study study study my ass off for everything
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Sep 19, 2010,
I cram the day before usually in addition to some half hearted revision two days prior. It's worked for me.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
I didn't. Although I will this year as I want to go uni.

Just read the topic?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
hard work atleast 3 weeks prior to the exam.

I read through each subjects textbook atleast twice to make sure I get all the principles and formulas memorized and what not,... REAL HARD WORK!
Quote by leg end
I don't.

This.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
read text books and all written notes. make notes of key definitions and ideas. do this a couple of times then your good. its a good feleing going into an exam with confidence in your ability.

i never study for mock exams though
Usually just cram the day before, not taking any chances this year though, I need my 3 A's so I'm gonna make sure I'm organised from the start, and continually refresh the work I've done throughout the year by looking over it regularly.
I was picked for math exam last year (1 random exam 12th year in Norway. This year I will have 1 in Norwegian writing as well as 2 randomly picked.)

What I did, was basically doing older exam tasks as exercises as well as reading on stuff I didn't understand fully. Got a 5 out of 6 as my mark. Getting all top marks in Norway is ****ing difficult. It's kinda all over the news if someone gets 95% top marks -- so hard is it. An example is the guy who got 5 as average in Norway, and 4,133 GPA as an exchange student in the US.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Figure out how many chapters/pages there are in the textbook. Work out a certain amount to read each night from the start of revision so that by the time the exam comes, I've read through the textbook twice over. Obviously works best if revision is started earlier.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
When I was in college, I used to study a little bit every day. You increase your memorisation that way.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
I make a glossary of everything I need to remember and just repeatedly run through it trying to memorize it and to make sure i'm not memorizing it because of the order i do it backwards and get people to quiz me either giving me the word or the definition and i have to guess the other.
I start cramming between 1-5 days before the exam, depending how little I have paid attention to the subject throughout the year. The cramming usually consists of either memorizing definitions, or understanding core concepts for mathematical subjects that I can then use to solve complex shit. I will also look over some past-papers to get a general idea of what to expect.

This method got me a distinction, so I will probably stick to it.