Well, I have a week of school left before the holidays and exams, then formal graduation on october 21st, then WACE exams start on November the first.

I know I'm not the only Aussie in Yr12 here, so lets see if we can get everyone here. Good luck to everyone in this situation, and remember, schoolies makes it all worthwhile

discuss things/vent here. Chances are we're all going through the same things
Awesome! I graduated last year, its the best feeling to get that crazy year out of the way.

Have you got any plans for schoolies?
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

I hate you Australians. I was in a bar with one and he said that he'd let me play his didgeridoo. It wasn't the didgeridoo I wanted to play
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
I wen't to Mandurah with some friends. One of the best times of my life, just because its one of the few times where I really have been carefree. Margaret River should be awesome too, its a lovely town.

Oh, and by the way, good luck to all of you doing your exams now! It's a bitch, but once its done it feels so great.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin

Everything gets better after school. Schoolies is awesome. I don't drink, and I still had an awesome time at schoolies.

Uni is the best thing that will ever happen to you, too. Everything is just great.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Quote by Dan_5893
Me and 13 other people (most of whom I'm close with) are going to Margaret River for a week (as you can guess, we're in Perth), should be good. what did you do for leavers?

Holy sh*t I'm going there for leavers too! (I live in Perth also.

I'm currently in the middle of mocks. I have two exams tomorrow one on Wednesday and two on Thursday. With 6 exams over 2 weeks it's a bit unlikely I'd get 5 in 4 days but I have to suck it up. Tomorrow physics and history... Joy.
Quote by Hergiswi

Once I fucked a mountain gorilla and it couldn't even tell me it loved me afterward.
Quote by spanishyanez
Mental you get my vote for making me laugh for more than 3 minutes
Thats awesome dude, you never know, might bump into me .

I have mocks week after next (during holidays ) and i have physics and compsci all in one day they're my two best exams as well.

then physics first up for wace... Fun.
I am not looking forward to my HSC... I'm doing SC right now, and its pretty basic stuff. Year 10 seems pretty chill. What should I expect the next 2 years?
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Quote by splamron
I am not looking forward to my HSC... I'm doing SC right now, and its pretty basic stuff. Year 10 seems pretty chill. What should I expect the next 2 years?

11 - chill
12 - Mostly chill until the end of the year when it's HOLY CRAP IF I FAIL HERE I'VE WASTED THE LAST 12 YEARS.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by breadstick
11 - chill
12 - Mostly chill until the end of the year when it's HOLY CRAP IF I FAIL HERE I'VE WASTED THE LAST 12 YEARS.

D:
I'm doing my school cert now too, and most people I know in year 11 are buried under homework and assignments. Really hoping its chill like you say.

Does subject scaling matter that much? Like I'm not likely to fail anything, at the moment I usually get marks in the 80's and 90's for all my subjects. But I'm doing general maths next year and I've heard that it scales terribly. Will that affect me much or not?
Year 12 is pretty fvcking shit. But at least I've came to a realisation that I do have a really comfortable life
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by breadstick
11 - chill

Pretty much this, but it really depends on your subjects. If you do things like Chem and Physics and shiz, don't slack off too much in year 11. You'll be royally fooked in year 12 if you do. Same with Maths (because most of the stuff in those courses is assumed knowledge from the previous year)

Quote by suckersdream
D:
I'm doing my school cert now too, and most people I know in year 11 are buried under homework and assignments. Really hoping its chill like you say.

Does subject scaling matter that much? Like I'm not likely to fail anything, at the moment I usually get marks in the 80's and 90's for all my subjects. But I'm doing general maths next year and I've heard that it scales terribly. Will that affect me much or not?

No way to tell. Depends really on how everyone else in the state does. By 2012 (when you graduate) there might be a national curriculum so its how everyone in the entire COUNTRY does. (thank fook I'm leaving this year and am generally fairly smart)

But yeah, don't get hung up on scaling, just do your best, and then worry about scaling AFTER your final exams.
Last edited by Dan_5893 at Sep 20, 2010,
Not sure if same system but the mark distribution for Gen Maths here is quite shit. If you're prudent person, it should work out quite well for you
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Well I'm in the top maths class in the year at the moment, so my teacher said I'd probably fly through it, even find it easy or boring. Which is good in a way I suppose. I don't need maths for what I want to do so I figured the extra stress of mathematics wasn't worth it.

I can't wait for the next two, three years of my life. You guys are so lucky you're finishing this year.
Quote by padgea7x
I hate you Australians. I was in a bar with one and he said that he'd let me play his didgeridoo. It wasn't the didgeridoo I wanted to play

Didgeridoo means penis in Australian.

Muck up day this week! what are you guys doing?
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
@ Dan, probably won't see you we're going in December instead. :P

Also every other school has them in the holidays we have them now. Sorta good sorta crap. I'm worried about wace exams though. Can't wait to finish.

Also: your profile picture, is that the captain cook cruise thing near the bell tower? We had a school function on one.

EDIT: muck up day: we're thinking of coloring the school pool an putting plow up beach toys in it. Not too good

Last year they placed lawngnomes with speech bubbles around the school and also put wanted posters up for each teacher.
Quote by Hergiswi

Once I fucked a mountain gorilla and it couldn't even tell me it loved me afterward.
Quote by spanishyanez
Mental you get my vote for making me laugh for more than 3 minutes
Last edited by mental_cookie at Sep 20, 2010,
I just finished Year 12 I was doing a building & construction VCAL thing..
I applied for a B&C course with AGA (Apprenticeships Group Australia), and I was accepted into it a two weeks ago. I got an exit-form thingy from my school, stating that I've finished with them, passed year 12, and I can still go to the formal/muck up day/ schoolies stuff.
Man... Year 11 and 12 were the chillest two years ever..
Quote by Will Swanson
Pull your scrotum out, and smear it over your walls.

Vast turbulence of meteors and galactic dust..
Parallel undefined measurements..
Time has new form, life has new form..
10 days in Queensland for Schoolies

But seriously, year 12 has been chill as, but I can't wait for this year to finish.
Quote by Will Swanson
What's schoolies?

Schoolies is the bees knees, basically the week after exams finish everyone goes out to various locations for a week of relaxation that quite often mean getting pissed all the time. It's a reward for pushing through the exams and the crazy year 12.

Quote by Julz127

Muck up day this week! what are you guys doing?

We got toy lightsabers and did jedi fights throughout the school. It was so awesome.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin

Quote by mental_cookie
@ Dan, probably won't see you we're going in December instead. :P

Also every other school has them in the holidays we have them now. Sorta good sorta crap. I'm worried about wace exams though. Can't wait to finish.

Also: your profile picture, is that the captain cook cruise thing near the bell tower? We had a school function on one.

EDIT: muck up day: we're thinking of coloring the school pool an putting plow up beach toys in it. Not too good

Last year they placed lawngnomes with speech bubbles around the school and also put wanted posters up for each teacher.

Yes, it is, we had our rivercruise there last year.

You don't by any chance go to Prendiville do you? A friend of mine who left the other year did very similar things there...

I'm not sure our school allows muckup day. Shit really
School doesn't allow real muck ups cause one school nearby keeps fvcking shit up.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
I graduated last week... feels so weird. I'm going to miss my school so goddamn much. And now I have about 4 weeks before my final exams... hopefully I'll get that combined Law degree I'm looking for. Can't wait for schoolies though...

Our muckup day prank went rather well though, oh the memories. Our deputy principal gave this long speech on the dangers of bringing knives to school and said something about if we really wanted our bread buttered that we should just bring it to his office and he'd do it for us.
So what we did is we sent in our school captain with a slice of bread asking for it to be buttered, then our vice captain with five slices asking for the services of the top butterer that he was. And then the rest of our grade rushed his tiny office, bread, butter and hundreds and thousands thrown in a maelstrom of havoc and destruction. Was pretty cool.
Quote by Riffofthebeast
hitler could have conquered the entire world if he just sent an assasin to every enemy country and have their leader assasinated
Mocks start next week for me. I'm not totally done with my exams untill the 24th of november Now that its so close im finding im not looking forward to finishing school nearly as much as i had anticipated. Still no real plans for anything to do with my life after its over.
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
I've got two weeks of holidays and one week back at school before my VCE Music Solo Performance exam. Right now I'd say I'm royally ****ed. At this stage here are the pieces I have to play

Under The Bridge - Finished, been playing that for ages
In a Sentimental Mood - Cool jazz chordal piece, about half way through it
Take The A-Train - Never even heard it, just been given the music and told to do it to fill out time
Solo Flight - A fast, quirky jazz single-note piece. Been waiting for the music to arrive for ages
Another Brick In the Wall - Haven't started it
All Along The Watchtower - Haven't started

With school and playing in two bands (both regularly gigging) I rarely get to sit down and practise guitar these days which has not worked out well for my performance pieces. I'm just going to have to use these holidays to practise like crazy all night every night.

VCE english is a load of shit. I have submitted two decent pieces of work this year both of which have received D+. Then i don't bother studying at all, hand in a load of garbage that contains no original ideas or even actually makes sense and I get A's.

Business Management is fantastic. I've got 53% attendance and am ranked third in my class for SAC marks. It's just so full of obvious common sense answers I don't see how people struggle with it.

I despise maths, media is a bit of a fun bludge and I enjoyed 3/4 psychology last year.
Feeling old right about now. Finished school 6 years ago.....

Schoolies was the best. I think my liver is still recovering.
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124