Time to upgrade. I basically play metal music(megadeth, metallica, Judas) but play rock as well(Guns N roses, etc). I don't really have a budget, i don't mind spending alot of money as long as its justified and im not getting ripped off. Some notes:

Prefer a fixed bridge, i have a tremolo guitar and it just gives me headaches when changing gauge strings or tunings...

Jumbo frets are a must

24 fret with easy access to the higher frets(unlike Les Pauls etc)

Must come with good pick ups as i see no point in spending $2500 US and needing to upgrade them

Easy playability, good looks, smooth neck etc.

I want chunky metal sounding rhythm but with the option to have a killer lead sound. I have an Ibanez rg350ex and the rhythm sound is not good... very thin and weak.

I really don't know where to start.... Can you guys give me some options/opinions?
ESP Horizon NT-II... I think Australia is pretty well stocked on ESPs (this impression is based on how many Aussie sites have awesome ESP pictures and the fact that you're rather close to Japan)...
Il look into that guitar but im not limited to buying it locally in Australia, the dollar is really good agaisnt the US so buying from abroad is a good option to save $ and for more variety.
Quote by Rockbottom56
Dean VMNT usa model

Is that the Dave Mustaine sig model? I was thinking about that one i take it USA model means made in the USA? How much is the retail on those?
Quote by derpdragon
A ESP LTD EC-1000 would probably be pretty good for you, it's got active pups too which are the best kind for metal. Not the easiest, but still good high fret access.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Deluxe-EC1000-Electric-Guitar?sku=516629&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=26043305

This one is nice but it looks like the cut away is similar to my Les Paul Epiphone(on the top of the body) which would make it hard for reaching and bends at the higher frets?
Quote by derpdragon
A ESP LTD EC-1000 would probably be pretty good for you, it's got active pups too which are the best kind for metal. Not the easiest, but still good high fret access.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Deluxe-EC1000-Electric-Guitar?sku=516629&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=26043305

Come on dude. Don't recommend the one guitar TS said he didn't want. LP's aren't the end all to guitars...

TS, The Horizon NT-II is a great guitar. I don't know how available Edwards are to you, but they tend to pack the same level of quality in a lower price. Pretty much living proof that you pay for a name.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Keep the suggestions coming guys, the ESP and the Dean VMNT look promising. Can anyone recommend some US sites that have cheap prices and will ship overseas?
The VMNT is a great guitar, but it's made in Korea. You shouldn't worry about that, though.

If budget isn't really an issue, why not go custom? For $1200ish you can get the -exact- guitar you want, and a lot of the guitars people will suggest are going to cost almost as much, if not more.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Check out the Jackson RR5. They look great, play great, and aren't overly expensive. You could spend a little and upgrade, still way under $2500. Especially if you buy used.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
I'm pretty sure most American companys won't ship overseas. Ebay is probably your only bet for USA stuff.

I'd recommend http://www.thomann.de/ since they have some really good prices and the ship worldwide, but equally I think you'd be better going local, I'd not like to risk getting a guitar that expensive being shipped that far.
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
Quote by Skinny91
I'm pretty sure most American companys won't ship overseas. Ebay is probably your only bet for USA stuff.

I'd recommend http://www.thomann.de/ since they have some really good prices and the ship worldwide, but equally I think you'd be better going local, I'd not like to risk getting a guitar that expensive being shipped that far.

We get ripped off on guitars here in Australia.. There are companies like Forwardit that will ship it for you.

Also just remembered i don't want a thick neck, i have a LP Epiphone and while the neck is nice, its just a bit too thick.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
ESP Horizon
Jackson Dinkys
Ibanez Prestige
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX Electric Guitar With DiMarzio Tone Zone
Academy Electric Guitar
BeaverCreek Acoustic Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey Sanpera Footswitch I
check out my guitar although it has a floyd, you won't find a better deal
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Quote by Arterial
^taking a note from my book I see

Did you buy from overseas as well? How did it go?
Quote by Arterial
buy what?

Did you buy any guitars from overseas? You said "taking a note from my book" and i saw you are from Melbourne so i assumed you were referring to me saying guitar prices in Aus are a rip off. But i could be wrong.