I bought myself a 3/4 size guitar for dicking about with a festivals and such, but now after a lot of knife and cable tie abuse (Don't ask), need replacement strings, due to the dramatic reduction in size in comparison to 'normal' sized acoustics, is it necessary to get specific strings, or will any normal strings suffice?
I didn't fancy buggering up the tension through experimentation, any thoughts would be much appreciated!
normal strings will suffice. just means you'll have more to cut off at the end.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
9's or 10's mate
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Quote by Skeet UK
9's or 10's mate

Why so thin? It's not an electric guitar dude. A set of .011's would do just fine and be heavy enough to drive the soundboard. 9's or 10's would sound thin and a bit lifeless.
i use sillk and steels or 10's on all of my 3/4 guitars, and they sound fine, but if you want a more robust sound, regular 11's would do fine, and i expect 12's would be, also. i'm pretty sure that my composite acoustics cargo, yamaha jr1 and laguna ld1 all came with 12's on them.
Quote by LeftyDave
Why so thin? It's not an electric guitar dude. A set of .011's would do just fine and be heavy enough to drive the soundboard. 9's or 10's would sound thin and a bit lifeless.

Only because I have been looking at 3/4's lately, and many of them were running 9's or 10's, presumably for smaller fingers.

I imagine 11's would be fine too..
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!