Hi. This is my first post here, although I've been reading advice and posts on here for a very long time now.

I've trawled the internet seeking a replacement neck for an old electric guitar I own.

It's got a gibson style 3+3 headstock, but the problem I am having is finding one with a similar heel, where it bolts on to the body. Here's an image of the heel type in question:

Although it was my first guitar, it wasn't expensive, so I don't want to spend an awful lot if I can help it, which rules out having one custom made. Also, ideally, I would like to purchase a complete neck with fingerboard, and frets.

Am I wasting my time? Any help would greatly appreciated. If more info or exact measurements are required please let me know.
Your best bet for something like that is ebay. Not to many places carry necks like that.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Yeah, I've been keeping a close eye on ebay for about six months now. Not a single suitable neck has come up.

Thanks though.
is 24 frets a necessity? because you might be able to get a regular neck and chop off/route out what needs removing and fix it? why do you want a new neck anyway? what's up with the current one.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Dempsey68
is 24 frets a necessity? because you might be able to get a regular neck and chop off/route out what needs removing and fix it? why do you want a new neck anyway? what's up with the current one.

I thought about doing that, and I guess it may come to that.

The current neck is broken near the headstock. Carefully attempted gluing a couple of years back, but wasn't happy with the results.
@Artemis Entreri: I have browsed their site, & haven't found anything ready made, without straying into expensive custom neck territory.

@minnis: That's also an option, if I can come up with a way to remove the glue of the previous attempt.
Quote by mccor71
@Artemis Entreri: I have browsed their site, & haven't found anything ready made, without straying into expensive custom neck territory.

@minnis: That's also an option, if I can come up with a way to remove the glue of the previous attempt.

Yeah okay, I was wondering. I've seen stuff like that before on warmoth but I wasn't sure if it would fit what you needed exactly.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by mccor71

Its worth a try, the neck is useless anyway, so if you mess it up completely then so what!
Warmoth kindly responded to an email I sent them. It seems that even if I go the custom neck route, the one thing they cannot customise is the heel.

I've just notice another problem with the current neck in the form of a hairline crack going from the break, up the neck and through the headstock.
I've finally located one. Typed "guitar heel" into google images, and after a few pages, found a neck that looked suitable. I'll need to do some work, like shaping and drilling the headstock, and some similar work on the heel, but I'm sure I can manage that.

Result! For anyone interested, Byoguitar was the place :-)