Gear

Ibanez RG350DX Electric Guitar With DiMarzio Tone Zone
Academy Electric Guitar
BeaverCreek Acoustic Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey Sanpera Footswitch I
1. Made in mexico with cheaper woods and hardware. Less attention to detail in the manufacturing as well.

2. Made in US with cheaper woods and hardware. Basically the same parts as the first one just put together in the US.

3. Made is US with select woods and premium hardware.

4. Same as 3 except a couple extra features (locking tuners, different pickups).
Basically what JayLacelle says... Choice 3 and 4 are your best options. I prefer the deluxe
The Standard is their "low end" Stratocaster.
The American Special is an MIA Standard with Texas Special pickups and the 70's headstock.
The American series was discontinued a few years ago and replaced with the American Standard series, which ups the hardware and build quality, but takes away the S-1 circuitry.
The American Deluxe adds a few things like an LSR nut, better pickups, and kept the S-1.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Sorry to butt in but I have a question to ask, as well. How does the American Highway One Fat Strat fit onto the series that the original poster asked??

Just curious.

ron666
Quote by ron666
Sorry to butt in but I have a question to ask, as well. How does the American Highway One Fat Strat fit onto the series that the original poster asked??

Just curious.

ron666

Pretty much the same as #2 but with a satin finish that wears quickly.
are the Special series worth my buck?
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX Electric Guitar With DiMarzio Tone Zone
Academy Electric Guitar
BeaverCreek Acoustic Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey Sanpera Footswitch I