Poll: What Metal Tube Head?
Poll Options
View poll results: What Metal Tube Head?
ENGL Blackmore Tube Head
22 46%
Bugera 6260 Tube Head
14 29%
Bugera 333XL Tube Head
9 19%
Any Other Amp (under 1300 euro) (put in reply)
3 6%
Voters: 48.
Page 1 of 2
well, the title says all: what is the best bugera (tube head!) for metal (333xl/6260 etc.). i play mostly metallica (pre-black album) and i like the tone/songs from megadeths endgame. so i'm not really into the Br00tz, but it would be nice to have them too.

and would this bugera amp be better for playing metal than the ENGL blackmore?

its really a price difference, but i want your opinion about wich amp SOUNDS best, not what the best buy would be (if you concider the price too).

So, wich bugera is best, and is that amp better than the ENGL Blackmore?

thanks in advance.
No, Bugera's amps do not compare to the ENGL Blackmore. They're both German-owned companies, but Bugeras are made in China, whereas ENGL is built in Germany, Bugeras use cheap parts, ENGL uses high quality parts. Bugera rips their amp designs off of popular amp builders (Marshall, Peavey, Mesa/Boogie, VOX) whereas ENGL's designs are original. Bugera amps are also notorious for reliability issues. Overheating, burning out tubes, etc. I would never recommend you buy a used Bugera.

Sound quality wise, Bugera amps sound good, but the Blackmore is one of my favorite ENGL designs, so IMO go for the Blackmore.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
The main Bugera metal amplifiers are:

333/333XL (technically the same amp)
6262/6260 (almost the same tone, just different layout)
Magician
Tri-rec.

If you don't know what they sound like, I can tell you that the 333/333XL are copies of the Peavey JSX and XXX, while the 6260/6262 are copies of the Peavey 6505/6505+, respectively. Look into those amps for reference. Magician and Trirec are Mesa Boogie Mark V/Triple Rectifier I believe.
Ibanez RGT6EXFX -> Ibanez TS9 -> Korg Pitchblack -> Peavey 5150 II head -> Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab
Quote by Raijouta
No, Bugera's amps do not compare to the ENGL Blackmore. They're both German-owned companies, but Bugeras are made in China, whereas ENGL is built in Germany, Bugeras use cheap parts, ENGL uses high quality parts. Bugera rips their amp designs off of popular amp builders (Marshall, Peavey, Mesa/Boogie, VOX) whereas ENGL's designs are original. Bugera amps are also notorious for reliability issues. Overheating, burning out tubes, etc. I would never recommend you buy a used Bugera.

Sound quality wise, Bugera amps sound good, but the Blackmore is one of my favorite ENGL designs, so IMO go for the Blackmore.

Also, the reliability issues are WAY OVERBLOWN.
It was only the first run that had a wiring clip issue or something, which was a) an easy fix, b) newer amps don't have that issue anymore. Trust me, I've had my Bugera 333XL combo for over a year now and I haven't had any issues with it.

Sorry for double post.
Ibanez RGT6EXFX -> Ibanez TS9 -> Korg Pitchblack -> Peavey 5150 II head -> Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab
I have the 333XL and for the money it is by far the best "metal" amp in their line. Great cleans, killer reverb, and the lead channel really is versatile once you mess with the settings to get them the way you want.
LTD KH-602
Schecter Hellraiser C-8
Bugera 333X
Pedalboard:
Boss TU-2, HM-2
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Crybaby From Hell
Way Huge Swollen Pickel
DeviEver: Legend of Fuzz
MXR Phase 90 Script, Carbon Copy, MC-401
Quote by Eskil Rask
Also, the reliability issues are WAY OVERBLOWN.
It was only the first run that had a wiring clip issue or something, which was a) an easy fix, b) newer amps don't have that issue anymore. Trust me, I've had my Bugera 333XL combo for over a year now and I haven't had any issues with it.

Sorry for double post.

Yeah sure, the transformer clip has been fixed but I've still heard many a tale of a redplating tube and smoking amps, which isn't a Bugera-only problem, but still.

If the OP can afford the Blackmore he should go for one.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
i haven't tried any bugeras, but they're meant to sound pretty good for the money. Depending on whom you listen to, they're either horribly unreliable, or the reliability issues have been fixed.

Engl is in a higher league of build quality etc.; however, the blackmore isn't the highest gain engl, and it has a slightly more vintage voicing to it. It's not a vintage amp, but it's more 80s hot-rodded marshall in voicing than modern brootz (which is the voicing of a lot of the other engls). Again, depending on who you listen to, it's perfect for brootz, or not quite heavy enough.

can you try them first?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by bartnijman
and would this bugera amp be better for playing metal than the ENGL blackmore?

So, wich bugera is best, and is that amp better than the ENGL Blackmore?

I'm tempted to sig this

TS: what is your budget?
Engl > Bugera all day, every day.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

ENGL will always completely obliterate any Bugera, I'm sure. But the ENGL costs 2-3 times more, so it's up to you. My bandmate's Blackmore is way better than my 333XL for sure, but I just ain't got dat dough.

There are other factors to take into consideration too though; the 333XL has most of its gain and tone coming from the preamp which means i can get pretty good tones at low level while the blackmore, being a poweramp-focused amp, has to be at around band practice level before it really starts to shine.
What the hell dude. I'm a pretty big Bugera fan and I love my 333 but that's just flat out a stupid question. If you have the money, go for the Blackmore.

Although they all sound pretty different. The Bugeras might do modern metal better.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Eskil Rask
ENGL will always completely obliterate any Bugera, I'm sure. But the ENGL costs 2-3 times more, so it's up to you. My bandmate's Blackmore is way better than my 333XL for sure, but I just ain't got dat dough.

There are other factors to take into consideration too though; the 333XL has most of its gain and tone coming from the preamp which means i can get pretty good tones at low level while the blackmore, being a poweramp-focused amp, has to be at around band practice level before it really starts to shine.

The Blackmore's tone/distortion comes from the preamp brah.

TS, the Blackmore would work pretty nicely for Megadeth stuff and older Metallica before they started using Boogies. The 333XL is voiced all wrong for Megadeth and Metallica of any era.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
The 6262 would be a bit more versatile (compared to the 6260)
Of the Bugs...I prefer the 626x over the 333/xl
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
yeah, i'd have thought the blackmore was pretty heavy on the preamp too. Perhaps not as much as the more modern-sounding engls (or bugeras), but a lot more so than vintage-style amps. But as kanthras says, modern metal is the thing. The blackmore is great for 80s metal/thrash and the like (and will do brootz too), but whether it does the modern brootzy djenty stuff is really down to your own personal preference... the engl is objectively the better amp, but subjectively it may not work as well for you, kind of thing, depending on what you play and your own personal tonal preferences.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Raijouta
Bugera rips their amp designs off of popular amp builders (Marshall, Peavey, Mesa/Boogie, VOX)

I cannot understand why I hear this argument over and over and over on this and other boards.

Here some primary examples off the top of my head of Top-rated amp makers who have done this from the beginning- I won't even get into secondary or tertiary examples:

Fender never invented their circuits - they used those that were made by others before them. Then Vox ripped off Fender. Matchless ripped off Vox. Peavey and EVH ripped off Soldano. Randall MTS Ripped off everyone (Egnater invented this btw). Oh and of course any amp with an "American" or "British" switch ripped off Marshall and Fender. And so it goes.

Yet I see no one freaking out about what ruthless bastards these other amp makers are. I'm not sure if its just bigotry towards an amp-maker (Bugera or fill in the blank), ignorance or maybe just lemmingitis - someone hates on something and others follow suit without checking things out for themselves.

Egnater himself asserts that the critical differences in amp sound has to do with the tone control circuit - replicate that and you essentially get the fundamental tone of any famous amp. He then goes on to say that's exactly what he did in his latest Tweaker amp. Is he right? I don't know, but he knows a hell of alot more about amps than 99.99% of us. And he's smarter too =)

Egnater sets the record straight on amp tone

Anyway, just wanted to point out that the very thing people are squawking about with Bugera has been going on since the very first tube glowed. Either bitch about all of them or find something else to hate on.

Just my two worthless cents =)
My God, i'd take the Blackmore in a heartbeat.

I'd sell my amp immediately to buy one used.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Voodoods
I cannot understand why I hear this argument over and over and over on this and other boards.

Here some primary examples off the top of my head of Top-rated amp makers who have done this from the beginning- I won't even get into secondary or tertiary examples:

Fender never invented their circuits - they used those that were made by others before them. Then Vox ripped off Fender. Matchless ripped off Vox. Peavey and EVH ripped off Soldano. Randall MTS Ripped off everyone (Egnater invented this btw). Oh and of course any amp with an "American" or "British" switch ripped off Marshall and Fender. And so it goes.

Yet I see no one freaking out about what ruthless bastards these other amp makers are. I'm not sure if its just bigotry towards an amp-maker (Bugera or fill in the blank), ignorance or maybe just lemmingitis - someone hates on something and others follow suit without checking things out for themselves.

Egnater himself asserts that the critical differences in amp sound has to do with the tone control circuit - replicate that and you essentially get the fundamental tone of any famous amp. He then goes on to say that's exactly what he did in his latest Tweaker amp. Is he right? I don't know, but he knows a hell of alot more about amps than 99.99% of us. And he's smarter too =)

Egnater sets the record straight on amp tone

Anyway, just wanted to point out that the very thing people are squawking about with Bugera has been going on since the very first tube glowed. Either bitch about all of them or find something else to hate on.

Are you ****ing retarded are just clueless? Fender's circuits were designed by Leo based on patents held by RCA. There was almost no way around that back in the day. RCA owned most important tube circuits related to audio.

Vox did not rip off Fender. Their designs are nothing alike. The only similarity is that they make a guitar loud. If you actually knew how to read a schematic and anything about tube amplification circuits you'd know that.

Matchless took some inspiration from Vox. However, they brought their own innovations to the game. Have you ever seen a Vox with parallel triodes? If you answer yes, give up.

The 5150 shares a bit in common with the SLO. The 39k cathode resistor on the OD channel's 3rd gain stage is obviously taken from the Soldano play book. But they made several critical mods to the circuit and they sound nothing alike. Anyone who tells you otherwise hasn't played both side by side.

American/British switches don't rip off anybody you twat. They typically add in an extra filter or change the values of a filter so that it changes the voicing a bit.

I respectfully disagree with Bruce Egnater. Probably 90% of amps have the same FMV tone stack and sound vastly different. While it is an important part of the equation, it's only that. There are many other things that contribute to an amp's tone.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by Voodoods

Here is my .311 cents

You make some good points. Those points have been discussed here many times so you are not bringing up anything new. The big beef I think a lot of people have is that Fender, Vox, Marshall, Mesa, Matchless, Peavey, and Egnater all have their own tone, patents and contributions to the amp world. Bugera more of less copied things and then let their marketing and low cost take over.

Besides, look at Randall Smith's and Bruce Egnater's backgrounds.

Bugera's had some major Quality issues right out of the gate and it has left a bad taste in people's mouth. This is a forum not Wikipedia. I agree that the bandwaggoning can get a bit old and most of their amps have a decent tone for the buck.

Bottom line. Yes things get 'borrowed' and used over in something 'new' but our lives and the existence of this forum would probably be pretty boring if everyone was playing guitar on the exact same circuit/manufacturer because someone wasn't willing to try to make it better or put their own twist on it.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Sep 20, 2010,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Bottom line. Yes things get 'borrowed' and used over in something 'new' but our lives and the existence of this forum would probably be pretty boring if everyone was playing guitar on the exact same circuit/manufacturer because someone wasn't willing to try to make it better or put their own twist on it.

+ a big fat 1.
Using part of a circuit in a new amp is a good thing. If no-one had done this, there would be a lot less variety available today.
Directly cloning an amp using cheaper components and cheaper manufacturing is a very different thing.
Quote by mmolteratx
*epic disproving*

Bravo, bravo

And what they mean by they're "ripping off" Peavey, Mesa, Marshall, etc. is that they're using extremely similar circuit designs (the 6262 sounds just like a 6505+ to my ears); changed just enough so they can get around patents and copyrights.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I don't normally comment on other manufacturers' business practices, but what the heck. Here's my perspective:

Bugera identified a market that wasn't being served too well and catered directly to it. They have been successful to that end. Essentially, this is the most basic of building blocks for any successful business in any industry. Find a niche market whose demands are not being met, and provide the supply.

Now, we could debate the specifics of their market until the cows come home, but it's clear to me that they are providing low cost clones of highly popular amplifiers for beginning to amateur guitarists who wouldn't normally be able to afford the real thing. Particularly young musicians. Does that mean that all Bugera owners are young, beginner/amateur guitarists? No, that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that is their target market. It is the niche they are catering to.

And IMHO, there's absolutely nothing wrong with what they are doing. The same practices go on in virtually every industry. When a company feels that their intellectual property is being stolen, they enforce applicable laws to rectify (no pun intended) the situation. But Bugera isn't a threat to any of the manufacturers they clone amps from in terms of market share--even if they are directly cloning the circuits. Because 99 out of 100 guitarists that were going to by a Mesa Dual Rectifier, or a Peavey XXX, or whatever else if Bugera never existed are still going to by the "brand name" with Bugera on the market.

So Bugera clones other amps. So what? So do untold numbers of boutique builders. They have their own niches as well. The issue shouldn't really be about amp cloning being "evil" or "wrong" or whatever. The issue should be whether or not a particular amp is suited to the guitarist's needs. If TS plays in the bedroom and never takes the amp outside of the house, then there's nothing necessitating an ENGL and the expense that comes along with it. If TS is getting ready to record and tour extensively, the Bugera is the wrong amp for him. Nevermind about whether anything is a clone or not.

Anyhow, that's just my opinion. Take it for what it is.
Quote by mmolteratx
Are you ****ing retarded are just clueless? Fender's circuits were designed by Leo based on patents held by RCA. There was almost no way around that back in the day. RCA owned most important tube circuits related to audio.

Wow that's pretty rude right off the bat there, sparky. Take it down a notch - This ain't the special Olympics - you don't get a trophy losing.

Besides, if you don't behave yourself, I'm going to reach under my desk, take the ballgag out of your mother's mouth and have her give you a good tongue lashing.

Now back to the subject, You're wrong. On a couple of points. The patents were not held by RCA - they were merely the manufacturer of the tubes. The patents were held by American Telephone and Telegraph company and Western Electric.

Leo Fender's designs were copied from the little manual he got from RCA when he and Massie bought the tubes.

He didn't design shit in the beginning.

Royalties were neither demanded nor given to RCA either- these designs were freely given by RCA and used by many others as well.

So given that you came on so strong and are in fact wrong, I can't really trust anything else you wrote.

Anyway, cheers on your douchebaggery. If I were a scout leader, I'd totally give you a patch.

On the brighter note, here are two new things you can read in your slow caveman way, and maybe learn some new stuff:

The Tube Amp Book for Overbearing Assholes

The Leo Fender Story- For Wannabe Know-It-Alls

Yeah so sorry about that. I guess you showed me, Boy Howdy.
Quote by Voodoods
lots of stuff

My point was Bugera does it shamelessly. They don't even change the names of the amps they're ripping off of much - I mean, 6260 vs 5150/6505? Trirec vs Rectifier? 1960 vs 1959SLP, or 1990 vs JCM 900, and so on.

Besides that, all the examples you listed are inspired examples. Bugera does not make any major changes to the circuits it's copying except to circumvent patents, and uses lower-quality components to cut costs.

That said, Bugera does have its niche in the market, but I don't believe they can compete with the ENGL Blackmore.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D

RCA never manufactured tubes. All RCA tubes were manufactured by GE and relabeled. They held many patents relating to tube circuits. As did AT&T and Western Electric.

Find me Leo's circuits verbatim in the RCA Recieving Tube Manual. Go for it. They aren't there. There are certain circuit blocks that he had to use or else his amp wouldn't work. That's it.

Practically all information in Aspen Pittman's book is wrong. That's common knowledge. The only reason people buy it is for the schematics.

http://tone-lizard.com/Do_Your_Homework.htm

A more accurate source of information regarding tube amps.

Nice job responding to all of the other points where I proved you wrong also.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx

RCA never manufactured tubes. All RCA tubes were manufactured by GE and relabeled. They held many patents relating to tube circuits. As did AT&T and Western Electric.

Find me Leo's circuits verbatim in the RCA Recieving Tube Manual. Go for it. They aren't there. There are certain circuit blocks that he had to use or else his amp wouldn't work. That's it.

Practically all information in Aspen Pittman's book is wrong. That's common knowledge. The only reason people buy it is for the schematics.

http://tone-lizard.com/Do_Your_Homework.htm

A more accurate source of information regarding tube amps.

Nice job responding to all of the other points where I proved you wrong also.

The whole point is there are many many many many many many clones out there. Some are close. Some are innovated upon. People bitch about it with some vendors but give a pass to others. Its just bigotry...snobbery? I don't know the motivation. Hence me saying I don't get the point of bitching. Hell look at Gibson's amp designs. Very close to Fender's.... anyone bitch about those? Nope.

I'll give you the same challenge - show me that the Burgera circuits are identical. To those that they supposedly clone. They are not. They may look like a famous amp. Some of them (1990 for example) do a pretty good job of getting the tone implied by design.

The fact is, amp designs and circuits are copied many times over. Get over it (for those that get prickly about it).

The thing is, you can take a similar design and it can sound different- Compare Soldano SOL vs 5150 vs Mesa Boogie - all sound different, but they are loosely based on the same design.

EDIT- And by the way, Vox did copy Fender. The AC15CC pretty much has a ripoff of a AB763 Fender pre-amp circuit. Oopsie.
Last edited by Voodoods at Sep 21, 2010,
Quote by Raijouta
My point was Bugera does it shamelessly. They don't even change the names of the amps they're ripping off of much - I mean, 6260 vs 5150/6505? Trirec vs Rectifier? 1960 vs 1959SLP, or 1990 vs JCM 900, and so on.

Besides that, all the examples you listed are inspired examples. Bugera does not make any major changes to the circuits it's copying except to circumvent patents, and uses lower-quality components to cut costs.

That said, Bugera does have its niche in the market, but I don't believe they can compete with the ENGL Blackmore.

See to me that's just a gimmick. I see so many people complain about how they are 'exact clones' but then go on to dismissively say that they sound nothing like the intended amp 'target'. However in some cases I hear that people prefer the tone of say a 333xl over a JSX or XXX.

I agree completely. To me, Bugera is not really even there to compete for someone who wants an ENGL. To me its for a guy who can't necessarily drop 1000.00+ dollars on an amp head. Call it mid-grade. Call it weekend warrior. Whatever. These amps can still produce serious tone.

Also note, the Trirec is actually a dual recto. And it takes styling cues from the ENGLs to be honest:

Last edited by Voodoods at Sep 20, 2010,
They DO sound like the amps they're copying but they're not dead on balls-accurate, either, because of differing components and component quality (OT, tubes, speakers) and the slightly different circuits.

If my goal was a Peavey Ultra I'd never buy a Bugera 333, mostly because you can get a used Ultra for less than the Bugera, and I wouldn't trust a Bugera further than I could throw it (which isn't very far, considering I'm 135 lbs 5' 11).
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Quote by Raijouta
...because of differing components and component quality (OT, tubes, speakers)...

Bingo.

Two amps that were built to the exact same schematic (component values) can sound quite different due to different component composition, tolerance, etc.
But are the Bugeras using the same schematic?

I don't think so. Similar perhaps, but not the same schematic. I STILL can't find a resonance knob on my 6262, or the EL34-6L6 switch on my buddies 5150. I'm betting there are plenty of other differences as well

They DO borrow as much from the LOOKS of amps....as do MANY other amp makers....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5aepcNWEIA

If nothing else, Bugera at least lets you know which amps they are getting their inspiration from...almost like give credit where it is due. They don't pretend that this is some new, never before seen kind of amp. Buy a 6260...you know it was inspired by a 5150....Buy a 5150, and you might not have a clue that it was inspired by a Soldano.
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Last edited by Vinson at Sep 21, 2010,
Quote by Voodoods

EDIT- And by the way, Vox did copy Fender. The AC15CC pretty much has a ripoff of a AB763 Fender pre-amp circuit. Oopsie.

Whoever told you that is a moron. They aren't the same and the original AC15 which the RI is based off of came out before any BF Fender.

^Resonance knob and bias switch are like 5 parts total. Not exactly the epitome of engineering prowess is required to change those two aspects. And the 5150/6505 have a much larger number of changes compared to the SLO. And the 5150II/6505+ have even more changes. The tones don't resemble each other.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Last edited by mmolteratx at Sep 21, 2010,
Quote by Vinson
But are the Bugeras using the same schematic?
..... I'm betting there are plenty of other differences as well.....

I e-mailed Bugera earlier for schems. Let's see if I get them.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx

Whoever told you that is a moron. They aren't the same and the original AC15 which the RI is based off of came out before any BF Fender.

LOL back for more? OK I'll bite:

Bojacey says so.

Oh snap so does muchxs

How's this - can you show that it isn't? Go crack a Blackface Deluxe Reverb and maybe a AC15CC and get back to us.

Go check on it and then come back and tell how we are just totally brain dead baby birds that you want to crush under your boot. Wait -- slow down pal- that vein in your head is bulging. Don't want our amp super-god to have a stroke now....

Bottom line, amp makers copy each other. Its ludicrous to argue otherwise. Bassman 59 vs Marshall anyone????

Wakka Wakka nyuck nyuck nycuck
Go look at the ****ing schematic you twat.

http://schematicheaven.com/voxamps/ac1596pr.pdf AC15CC
http://schematicheaven.com/fenderamps/deluxe_reverb_ab763_schem.pdf Deluxe Reverb AB763

Tone stack is vastly different and comes in different locations in the circuit. Biasing of the preamp tubes is different. Output section is vastly different, especially with the lack of NFB in the AC15. If you had any semblance of an ability to read a schem you'd see that. 2 forum posts from random people does not credibility make. Especially when one of them only has 1 post. Give up.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
Go look at the ****ing schematic you twat.

http://schematicheaven.com/voxamps/ac1596pr.pdf AC15CC
http://schematicheaven.com/fenderamps/deluxe_reverb_ab763_schem.pdf Deluxe Reverb AB763

Tone stack is vastly different and comes in different locations in the circuit. Biasing of the preamp tubes is different. Output section is vastly different, especially with the lack of NFB in the AC15. If you had any semblance of an ability to read a schem you'd see that. 2 forum posts from random people does not credibility make. Especially when one of them only has 1 post. Give up.

Hey don't blame, you white hot throbbing piece of Man Chicken. You asked me who told me. I showed you. Go scream at them, HoneyCakes.

And what exactly am I giving up? Trying to show a cranky, anonymous dude in Texas that likes to use the twat way too much that amp makers copy each other all the time?

Nevar.

By the way, nice to meet you. I can tell we are gonna be friends, just like that White Stripes song.
not siding for either one of you but just thought i'd throw it in... why is that when guitar manufacture copies the design of another brand e.g gibson lp and ESP no-one gives a crap and says well done to ESP for making a good guitar. Or the endless supply of superstrats? yet somehow if it's amp makes its treason?:s
yes bugera copy amps and only change them to get round patents. But they openly advertise it and it's essentially there selling point. If you think about splawn make hot-rodded marshalls but nevertheless copy them?
Amps:
Orange Rocker 30
Marshall JCM 800 1960 4x12
Guitars:
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400
Pedals:
Boss SD-1
Boss GE-7
Behringer TU-300

www.myspace.com/oceansatealaska
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Here is my .311 cents

*reason*

Quote by CECamps
I don't normally comment on other manufacturers' business practices, but what the heck. Here's my perspective:

*moar reason*
We've actually got well-thought out, reasonable posts in a Bugera thread! I didn't think this day would ever come... *sniff*

Quote by Voodoods
Hey don't blame, you white hot throbbing piece of Man Chicken. You asked me who told me. I showed you. Go scream at them, HoneyCakes.

And what exactly am I giving up? Trying to show a cranky, anonymous dude in Texas that likes to use the twat way too much that amp makers copy each other all the time?
It's kinda obvious you don't know your way around schematics and cannot formulate your own argument on this subject.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
I have an idea....Why don't we get back on topic?
Page 1 of 2