Emailed Kurt at Rondomusic and asked him whether or not the Blue Flame AL-3100 would be back, and he said it'd be out of stock until "some time in 2011."

So, I'm back on the hunt for a guitar. What I'm looking for is pretty basic:

- Les Paul shape, or something similar (basic singlecut shape)
- Mahogany body
- EMG active pickups
- $500 or less.

I'm considering the Schecter Damien Solo Elite, and I'm also back to looking at the PRS Paul Allender SE. Any other ideas, guys?

My rig a Russian Big Muff going into a Bassman 4x10, and my style of music is 80s hard rock/heavy metal, and dirty fast rock.
MOMMY MAD 'CAUSE I MADE A BOOM ON THE RUG

Gretsch G5120 >>> ProCo Rat >>> Fender Bassman 4x10
Paul Allender's model sucks in my opinion, a friend has it and he says is great until you look at the string division the closeness makes it completely unplayable
Ah, so anything else worth looking at?

Quote by zerocenx
Paul Allender's model sucks in my opinion, a friend has it and he says is great until you look at the string division the closeness makes it completely unplayable

Bullshit. It uses the exact same bridge design as my CE22 (and half the PRS range) and it's the most comfortable guitar I own. It may not be comfortable to YOU, but that does not mean it's even remotely unplayable.

TS, check out some Washburn guitars like the X50 Pro. It's not a singlecut but it's one of the lowest priced guitars I've seen with EMGs, and it has a mahogany body.

If not, try and find a shop with the Paul Allender or Nick Catanese sig's and try them for yourself to see
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Dopey_Trout
Bullshit. It uses the exact same bridge design as my CE22 (and half the PRS range) and it's the most comfortable guitar I own. It may not be comfortable to YOU, but that does not mean it's even remotely unplayable.

TS, check out some Washburn guitars like the X50 Pro. It's not a singlecut but it's one of the lowest priced guitars I've seen with EMGs, and it has a mahogany body.

If not, try and find a shop with the Paul Allender or Nick Catanese sig's and try them for yourself to see

Guitar Center has the Paul Allender in stock, and I'll have to find some time to play it and see what I'm working with. How does the EMG 89 compare with a 60?

Is color that important? You can't settle with another color?
Current Gear:
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Robert Smith custom Jazzmaster
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
Quote by unicornfist
Is color that important? You can't settle with another color?

It's the only AL model they offer with EMG actives. I'd have no problem buying another AL from them, but all the rest are passive pickups.

What about a used LTD EC-401 (OR EC-1000 if you get lucky)

LP shape and most are equipped with EMGs.

I vote that because I like the Thin U neck shape. If you can, you should try one.
I'd go with the Damien Solo Elite or a used EC-401/1000.

Even some Solo-6 Hellraisers used go for around $500... Just look around.
Quote by LoudLove5150
Ah, so anything else worth looking at?

In a Les Paul shape? How about a real used Gibson Les Paul Studio? They sell on eBay for $500 everyday, and if you gotta have EMGs they have those used as well.

You aren't going to find a flame maple blue one but dude.. Professional musicians who can afford anything they want make records and play live with a setups like that. Just go buy one. If you decide you really have to have the Rondo when it's available a Gibson would hold it's value if you decided to sell it.