Ok, so i was pretty settled on a ceriatone 1987x but i simply cant spend that much on an amp+212cab at my current playing level and financial status. therefore, i am actively looking for a substitute for the ceriatone.

The amp must have that plexi sound. i mean like jimmy page "rock and roll" plexi. or highway to hell that kinda thing. i also want to be able to bust out some hendrix on it. but i am also willing to give up a tiny bit of plexi purity for a little versatility. so maybe the amp can be able to go past plexi OD territory. not metal, just more.

im not gigging, will not buy used and have around $1200-1300 to spend.
What about a Bugera 1960 and an attenuator.
There's some good demos on youtube (espically the tone king's "pimp my plexi" series).
I wouldn't get the Bugera cab tho.
Guitars:
Fame Forum 3
Aria STG-004
Ashton Acoustic

Amps:
Bugera V22
Drive CD-10

Effects:
Boss ME-50

Quote by Kanthras
2/10

No fire extinguisher reference, unoriginal, no Militia flamebait, disappointing.

Bugera Users Militia
Last.fm
Quote by Luxifer
Ok, so i was pretty settled on a ceriatone 1987x but i simply cant spend that much on an amp+212cab at my current playing level and financial status. therefore, i am actively looking for a substitute for the ceriatone.

The amp must have that plexi sound. i mean like jimmy page "rock and roll" plexi. or highway to hell that kinda thing. i also want to be able to bust out some hendrix on it. but i am also willing to give up a tiny bit of plexi purity for a little versatility. so maybe the amp can be able to go past plexi OD territory. not metal, just more.

Carl martin plexitone?
Clean amp + tonebender should get some pretty close page sounds... not pagey but pretty good for zeppelin. if you need a clanky page sound, the only thing i can think of is Superlead, and the 18W...

there's a guy, goes by Lumpy's Tone Shop, he's a big Zeppelin fan, ask him for his opinions on Zeppelin tones, oh and he builds pedals so you could get one of his '73 pedals or his Supro take on pedal...
Quote by Luxifer

Why not? you could easily get a used clone of a plexi for that much.

Martix claw might still have that Fargen plexi. ask him.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Fargen Miniplex.

You could also look at the Budda Superdrive 18, which is sort of inbetween a Marshall and a Vox.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
i hear that the 18w doesnt have enough bite to sound like a plexi :\ otherwise, i would totally get one.

i was actually thinking of a rebel 20 or a blackheart handsome devil. any thoughts on them?
Quote by Luxifer
i hear that the 18w doesnt have enough bite to sound like a plexi :\ otherwise, i would totally get one.

i was actually thinking of a rebel 20 or a blackheart handsome devil. any thoughts on them?

Opinions vary, but I think Marshall's current 5w tube combo bites just like a Plexi, but at lower volumes. I don't have experience with many 18watters but people pretty much just rave about them.

Also I would look at maybe a used Orange Rocker 30 combo? They're getting harder to find and they've been discontinued but if you can find one you've got one of the best British crunch sounds money can buy. [/opinion]
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Marshall Class 5 + Rothwell Hellbender.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Luxifer

Rebels are great for Plexi/Marshally sounds. Although being the first person on the board to own one, i might be a little biased
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Everything else I'd suggest is too expensive
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)
Quote by Jhachey22
Rebels are great for Plexi/Marshally sounds. Although being the first person on the board to own one, i might be a little biased

Maybe if you removed all the dynamics from a Marshall and made it more squishy they would sound similar