Hello!

I've recently bought a few pedals in order to get "my" sound. Now comes the task of putting the pedals in the right order in the signal chain. Since i have no idea how to do that i thought that i would ask you guys at the forum!

My gear is the following

Pedals

Fuzz - EHX Double Muff
Tuner - TC Electronic Polytune
Tremolo - EHX XO Stereo Pulsar
Pitchshifter - Behringer US600
Delay - EHX Memory Boy

Guitar - Ibanez AFS95T
Amp - Fender Deluxe VM

All help is much apprieciated!
I would do so : Guitar - tuner - fuzz - tremolo - pitchshifter - delay - amp .
Its just my opinion so be free to experiment !
Put the tuner and fuzz in front of your amp, then put pitchshifter-tremolo-delay in the effects loop.

But experiment too! there's no right or wrong way, just what sounds best to you

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it the pitchshifter might sound better in front of the fuzz... I don't really know, I don't have one but I would try that out too.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Last edited by barden1069 at Sep 19, 2010,
Guitar -> Tuner -> Fuzz -> Amp -> Tremolo -> Pitch Shifter -> Delay -> Amp.

That's how I'd do it. There's no right or wrong order of pedals though. your pedals will sound differently depending on where you put them, so you can really just experiment til you find something you like.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
maybe put the fuzz at the very start... some fuzzes (not sure if the muff is one such) don't like being behind a buffer
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
maybe put the fuzz at the very start... some fuzzes (not sure if the muff is one such) don't like being behind a buffer

This is true.

Nthing the "experiment" notion, too; at first we're all told to do distortions -> wah/EQ -> modulators -> time-based effects, and this is sort of a standard setup, and by all means works great. But some of the coolest sounds come out of giving that the middle finger and throwing everything around.

Remember, effects aren't less effective (no pun intended :\) based on order- it all depends on if you want the delay pedal to send out a distorted signal into the amp/pedals, or if you want the delay to take the original signal and put the delays through all the effects. Be a mad scientist with your pedalboard, it's a lot more rewarding in the end.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?