An Epiphone SG and soft case or Epiphone Les paul 100

for my Ibanez GSR200 bass
They're both about the same quality. They're very similar. Whichever one you like the look of better, I guess. Just note that neither of them are terribly good.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
^ I agree. The only difference is whether you want an SG or a Les Paul. I may have someone prove me wrong but when it comes to cheap guitars you really won't get the "true" SG or Les Paul sounds so it only comes down to shape. I've spent time with both those exact guitars and I din't notice a huge difference. I will warn you fret access is hard with the SG (maybe it was just me though)
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
I think i played the 310 before... it was actually pretty good. Surprised me, actually. I'd say go for that one.

Quote by CM_X5
^ I agree. The only difference is whether you want an SG or a Les Paul. I may have someone prove me wrong but when it comes to cheap guitars you really won't get the "true" SG or Les Paul sounds so it only comes down to shape. I've spent time with both those exact guitars and I din't notice a huge difference. I will warn you fret access is hard with the SG (maybe it was just me though)

Do you mean the Les Paul? Because fret access is waaaaay better on an SG than a Les Paul. I own a Les Paul and the SG I played was basically unobstructed up to the 22nd fret.
Last edited by Pac_man0123 at Sep 19, 2010,
Quote by Pac_man0123

Do you mean the Les Paul? Because fret access is waaaaay better on an SG than a Les Paul. I own a Les Paul and the SG I played was basically unobstructed up to the 22nd fret.

Oops yeah the Les Paul is the one with the tough higher fret access.

Personal choice though, I would get the Les Paul if I were you, regardless of the higher fret issue. If it really does have Gibson humbuckers on there at least that much makes it more worthwhile, I hear they are pretty good but I've never tried those before.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Last edited by CM_X5 at Sep 20, 2010,
I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure it has Epiphone versions of the Gibson pickups. I'm not at all a Gibson fan, but I think that the 700T/650R are different than what are used on Gibsons.

TS, as far as if it's worth it, the GSR200 costs $200, the SG310 costs $250, and the LP100 costs $300. So from a financial point of view, yes. You will get the most face value profit from the LP100. If you want a guitar and don't want a bass anymore, then either one would be a pretty good trade off.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Why are those your only option? I'd say go to Guitar center and try them both out. that will give you a good comparison. then before you trade with presumably one of your friends or on craigslist, make sure the guitar your getting feels good, and everything works great... jiggle the jack, turn al the knobs click the switch...etc.

Both those guitars come with the epi versions of the gibson pickups... but if Im not mistaken the lower level epis all have the same pickups lp or sg. The SG is wired a little differently but that's all
Just noticed you said the les paul has upgraded pickups. I'd say get that one then. as long as it feels nice of course... ask if they have the original pickups and will throw them in. thats always a nice thing to have in case you pick up a project guitar/ need to make a quick buck.
epi 100s have the lower end epiphone pickups, not close to gibsons, IMO. But i'd still go with the Les Paul
I'd say go for the Les Paul however the Ibby is actually a very nice low priced bass

Gibson Les Paul Traditional Satin
Fender 72' Thinline Telecaster
Fender Am Telecaster
Bad Cat HotCat 30R

Korg Pitchblack
Xotic BB Preamp
TC Flashback X4
Strymon Timeline
EHX POG 2
JHS Double Barrel
Alright I have one other thing to ask, So far I've got the most replies that I should get the Lp100 with Gibson pups, but I have another offer Peavey HP Signature EX Gold Top but that's for my amp aswell. good trade? my amp is a Fender Rumble 15.
Quote by Beatle1964
Alright I have one other thing to ask, So far I've got the most replies that I should get the Lp100 with Gibson pups, but I have another offer Peavey HP Signature EX Gold Top but that's for my amp aswell. good trade? my amp is a Fender Rumble 15.

Well, if you consider the fact that your amp costs $100 and that guitar costs $300, I think you can figure that one out yourself.

It sounds like you're giving up bass for guitar. Is that true? And if so, do you have a guitar amp?

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
get the sg
sorry, this is biased but.. i hate les pauls ( or any variation of that shape ) with bolt on necks. I'm just not that kind of person, but its your choice. Try both of them out in a shop (avoid Gutarcenter.. reason? terrible customer service) more preferably a sam ash which rules. Anyways back to the topic, try both of them out and see which is best for you. Make sure you have a GOOD guitar amp, not some Marshall MG, trust me i wasted my life and cash on a stupid Marshall MG it just sounded terrible. I prefer saving more, and splitting the cash (for example if you have $500, spend $250 on guitar and spend $250 on an amp, thats how i do it) But if you really just want a new guitar, check out sam ash they're awesome
http://www.samash.com/opencms/opencms/samash/catalog/department/guitars-electric?cm_sp=NDP-_-Guitar-_-Electric+Guitars
I agree with the amp situation, I have a Vintage 66 Teisco I just recently got that, and decided you know what? I'm not liking this bass...so I decided I'd give it up until I come across a Hofner Violin bass...Reason being...well look at my username.

But all Is but a new situation. My Ibanez GSR200 bass, and Teisco Vegas vintage, for a 2006 Ibanez Artcore AF-105 Custom. I have a Traynor 30 watt right now and I'm going to upgrade to a

Roland Cube 8ox
Training in trades is intensive and in most trades you are actually working in an apprenticeship position within 6 months to a year. Depending on the trade you choose and the program you enter in to it can be a few years before you become a ticketed journeyman. A journeyman is considered an expert in a given trade and passing a journeyman’s exam is akin to passing the bar in law or completing a specialty in medicine. Right now there is a serious shortage in trades workers making it a competitively well-paid career choice. “Blue collar work” as trades work has been called is quickly becoming one of the better paying career choices in the job market. Trades workers with their tickets can choose to work for a company or can work for themselves making it an ideal career choice for people who work well in a structured environment as well as for people with an entrepreneurial spirit. As a trades worker you can easily be self-employed if so inclined.
................................................................................................................
replacement fuel pump
auto extended warranty