So I'm looking for a small tube amp to play in my room. I play mostly modern rock stuff like Vai, Satriani, Zaza and such, so looking for something that could sound good in that genre mostly. I've mainly been looking at the Tiny Terror, but I've heard mixed reviews. Any opinions on the Tiny Terror? Or an amp that might suit be better? Thanks
i wouldn't really want a tiny terror for that...

i haven't tried it, but maybe a blackstar ht5?

alternatively, just get a higher wattage amp with a good master volume and just turn it down... that type of stuff is pretty reliant on preamp gain anyway... what's your budget?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I love my HT-5, try it out man
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
Under $1000 US would be nice

And I'm pretty new to tube amps but I thought that a cranked small watt amp typically sounded better than a larger tube amp with the volume cut. Don't tube amps need to be cranked a decent amount to get the best sound?
I have heard great things about the Blackstar HT-5, and really want to try one for myself. I'm also looking for a smaller tube amp to play around with in the house, (DSL100 isn't too good for that.)
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
depends on the tone you're going for, really. for classic rock, blues, that type of stuff, where normally you'd use a non-master volume amp, yeah. for stuff like vai, zaza, satch etc. where normally you'd use a master volume amp with a fair whack of preamp gain, not so much. Don't get me wrong, they'll sound better up a bit louder, but you should still be able to get there at lower volumes with a high gain amp.

how much is a peavey 6505?

though with the blackstar ht5 you do get shenanigans and tomfoolery in the circuit.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
though with the blackstar ht5 you do get shenanigans and tomfoolery in the circuit.

Everyone said it sounded great until that got out. How does it make a difference, really? People were raving about it, but now people know that they're all "it sux0rz cos 1t has s0me d1g1tal in it yo". It still sounds great.
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
i've never tried one; i have no idea if it sounds good or not. I agree that if it sounds good, it sounds good, but personally I'm not too keen on buying from a company whose business plan seems to be literary sleight of hand. EDIT: i don't think there's any digital in it, but i could be wrong.

Plus I think people were starting to complain about the tone long before the circuit got out. There was a big bandwagon the first couple of weeks after it came out, it was supposedly the best amp ever, then people started selling them.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Sep 19, 2010,
Quote by richyt93
Everyone said it sounded great until that got out. How does it make a difference, really? People were raving about it, but now people know that they're all "it sux0rz cos 1t has s0me d1g1tal in it yo". It still sounds great.
He never said it sounded bad. he just said there are shenanigans and tomfoolery.

Don't derail the thread.

But yeah I'd recommend the HT-5.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
^ EDIT: the jet city might be worth a look, that's a good call (I haven't tried it either, but it's roughly based on a soldano, so...)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah the JCA20 is pretty good from what I've heard. Usually I'd also recommend an Egnater Tweaker but...not for the sound you're going for I don't think.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
I own the Jet City JCA20h and it's amazing for the price ( got it for $259 ) labor day sale at GC. Your guitar will play a big part in the tone as well.
Quote by Ayses
Yeah the JCA20 is pretty good from what I've heard. Usually I'd also recommend an Egnater Tweaker but...not for the sound you're going for I don't think.

The egnater rebel would be perfect for modern rock imo. It has that progressive style of voicing to the overdrive at least to my ears. You may need a boost. Don't get the tweaker though
Jet City sounds awesome, already found some good deals on ebay for it, I think I'll look further into that. Thanks a lot