So I walked into Guitar Center with about $1,100 to buy an American Telecaster. I've been pretty much running solo with my Strat for a long while, and knew that since I'm starting to gig regularly again, I'd need a second guitar for a backup. There were a few different variations here and there. I played around and played them all.

After being unsatisfied with a couple Americans and a couple MIM '72s and a Thinline, I saw this on one of their racks above the amps and picked it up. Turned out to be the best tele I put my hands on. The neck just felt right. Everyone knows that once in a while you'll find a MIM gem, and I think I got one with this tele.

Side note: The new blacktop series is actually prety legit. Not for me, but if you want a tele/strat with 'buckers, they're pretty nice.

Here she is.

Walked out only paying $519 for the guitar, a strap, and a 10 year warranty that covers everything... even incidentals. That leaves me with another $600 for texas specials and a bigsby.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by rooster456 at Sep 19, 2010,
awesome. wish i found a tele for that price in the UK i really want one!
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
sexy guitar but what really sold that pick for me was the pick, they are the best plekkys in the world but congrats and HNGD
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Fender Greta + 1x12 Homemade cabinet - For sale PM for details.
Gibson Les Paul Studio 2013 - Goldtop
Washburn Idol WMISTD
Ibanez RG LTD450CB1
Tanglewood TSE505
Zoom G2.1Nu
Dunlop CryBaby Wah
Good find man! I love Teles

Word of advice though with the Bigsby...

Drilling into the guitar may void your 10 year warranty so be careful with that. Also, there is a newish thing called a "Vibramate" which lets you mount the Bigsby on your guitar without drilling. Its a really sweet invention. I put on one my Tele and it works wonders! Its a bit pricey but really worth it. I would take a look into it!

Also if you put some brass saddles into your Tele wyou will get some more sustain.

HNGD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by diceksox1809
Good find man! I love Teles

Word of advice though with the Bigsby...

Drilling into the guitar may void your 10 year warranty so be careful with that. Also, there is a newish thing called a "Vibramate" which lets you mount the Bigsby on your guitar without drilling. Its a really sweet invention. I put on one my Tele and it works wonders! Its a bit pricey but really worth it. I would take a look into it!

Also if you put some brass saddles into your Tele wyou will get some more sustain.

HNGD!

Thanks for all the info, man! Beer for you.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
http://www.vibramate.com/vibramate-v5te-install.php

There is the link. I bought mine off Ebay for something like $100 or so. Give or take some.

If you do decide to do that, make sure you get the Original Bisgby, not the Licensed.

1. It is much better made
2. The Licensed Bigsby will NOT work with the Vibramate.

I had originally made that mistake haha.

Actually, this is the exact seller I bought mine from. It took a while to ship, but I got it, and they had good customer service.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bigsby-B5-B-5-Vibramate-Kit-Fender-Telecaster-/400094604543?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item5d277f2cff

If you have any questions just let me know!

2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!