Hi,

I just picked this guitar up today. The guy I bought it off of said it was his uncles and he never really played it. His best guess was that it was a mid 60's Eko, which were made in Italy. Does anyone have any more in detail info? Inside the F-hole it says it is an Eko "modello" 100. Does anyone have any ideas about what year this could be from?

Thanks in advance.

███████████████████████████████████
I think that model was only built from 62-65, but I'm not sure. The logo on the top left of the body suggests that it's a 1965.

"Swords, nature's hell sticks."- Trip Fisk
Last edited by mtforever at Sep 19, 2010,
Eko stopped giving their guitars numeric names around 1967, so this one was probably made before that. According to the catalogs, it has a white oak top and a mahogany back, although it could also be all maple. There are two very similar models just with different woods and finishes. What do the sides look like?

EDIT: They had logos on the body as early as 1962, and also they were produced at least until 1975, except they were renamed the Mascot. This one is definitely 1967 or earlier since it is called the Modello 100.
Last edited by sashki at Sep 19, 2010,
Do you have the serial number? it's probably the only way to know for sure.
Thanks a lot guys for the constructive comments.

This is what the sides/back look(s) like.
The sides/back have the same finish.

Quote by mtforever
Do you have the serial number? it's probably the only way to know for sure.

Yes! I do haha I was just being lazy...

144992 is the serial number.
I sent an E-mail off to somebody from EKO guitars, when they get back to me I'll let you know.
Quote by mtforever
I sent an E-mail off to somebody from EKO guitars, when they get back to me I'll let you know.

You Sir, are both a Gentleman and a Scholar.