I was playing the solo in nightmare(A7X) but i just cant seem to get the right sound for it. Does anyone have any suggestions for setting that they use for it? (im using a valveking 212).
Always Rock!
They're using a completely different amp.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Go steal ALL their stuff, and youll be half way there.
Gear:

Ibanez RG350M
Peavey 6505+112

Boss CS-1
EHX Big Muff Pi
EHX Small Clone
KORG Pitchblack
Firstly, you're not going to sound like A7X with a Valveking... get the amp they're using and you might get there.

Secondly, get an equalizer pedal and change the speakers if you haven't done so already.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
wow that was helpfull. Obviously i know im not going to sound the exact same but i was at least hopeing someone could tell me something slightly usefull that my make it sound a little closer...
Always Rock!
Quote by s12k17
wow that was helpfull. Obviously i know im not going to sound the exact same but i was at least hopeing someone could tell me something slightly usefull that my make it sound a little closer...
Sure. Get a nice OD pedal!
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
i usually just keep the bass about around 11 or 12 o clock, the mid around 9 o clock and the treble around 3 o clock. its not perfect, but it sounds good to me.
Quote by s12k17

Settings threads are not allowed in GG&A or anywhere else for that matter. There is a main settings thread if you think you need settings.

Settings are usually not helpful because different tubes, different dynamic ranges, and even different guitar cables can make a big difference in a tone, let alone different amps, pedals, guitars, and just the way that the original guitarists play can totally change the tone. Bass - 5 Mid - 5 and Treble - 5 on one amp might be the same as Bass - 0 Mid - 7 and Treble - 3 on another amp.

Use your ear.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
A lot of gain and a lot of compression. Not a lot of bass.

That said, it's extremely hard to sound anywhere close to a produced recording. So much of the sound you hear on records (especially modern ones) is a result of production techniques. If you listen close to the solo, there is virtually no dynamic range. It is severely compressed. It's also likely that it's EQ'd to the hilt. It's also doubled in spots and most of the solo is two-part harmony. Awfully tough to cop that.
Quote by Unit 731
i usually just keep the bass about around 11 or 12 o clock, the mid around 9 o clock and the treble around 3 o clock. its not perfect, but it sounds good to me.

On my VK I can't put the treble anywhere past 11 o' clock, it gets way too bright.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??