hey all ive decided to buy a bass as im bored with playing guitar

anyway ive bought my self a cheap bass form swift music London and adjusted a few bits like action etc

and i got my self a Marshall state b30 pre owned quite cheap

but anyway im a big metallica fan so i need some overdrive and a few effects for orion and for whom the bell tolls

i own a Zoom GFX-5 multi effects pedal if i use it will i get the same sound as if i bought all separate bass pedals behringer ones are quite good value on ebay

cheers
it'll do for now, when you have more money get the specific ones you want- bass doesn't need effects, it just can have them. for example, I use fuzz. another bassist will just use an envelope filter. another will use nothing. All three of us, with the right equipment and a good night, will have people telling us how good we sound.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Cheers pal im coming in to a bit of cash soon so im gunna get a few pedals or a multi
pedal

which would you recommend ?

and do you now what sort of effects rob use's from metalica
Quote by Brummy182
Cheers pal im coming in to a bit of cash soon so im gunna get a few pedals or a multi
pedal

which would you recommend ?

and do you now what sort of effects rob use's from metalica

His pedalboard is: Electro Harmonix Q-Tron, a SansAmp Bass Driver DI, a SansAmp XXL, a Morley Mark Tremonti wah pedal, and a Boss OC-2 Octave Pedal

So, he uses overdrive, wah, octaver, and an envelope filter.
overdrive would be the most important part of the rig, I think he has it on for just about every song. an alternative to the driver is the VT bass pedal, sounds pretty much the same.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by Brummy182
hey all ive decided to buy a bass as im bored with playing guitar

anyway ive bought my self a cheap bass form swift music London and adjusted a few bits like action etc

and i got my self a Marshall state b30 pre owned quite cheap

but anyway im a big metallica fan so i need some overdrive and a few effects for orion and for whom the bell tolls

i own a Zoom GFX-5 multi effects pedal if i use it will i get the same sound as if i bought all separate bass pedals behringer ones are quite good value on ebay

cheers

Oh god no. Get a new bass.
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
Buddy do not, and i repeat DO NOT buy behringer pedals, I have 2 (and an amp) and have tried several more and they are horrible. They might seem cheap, but you get exactly what you pay for. Save up for someting better.
^ Behringer's pedals aren't that terrible, all the distortion pedals suck the willy hardcore, but the modulation pedals aren't too bad... until you actually give them a stomp then break...
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"