Hey UG

Well here goes: I just brougth a Kramer voyager from 89, which have been edited somewhat from the original: instead of 3 pickups it has 2 pickups and a pickguard instead. The pickups are a Seymour Duncan Trembucker in the bridge and a ? pickup in the neck, previews owner thought it was a Seymour duncan JB, but i am not sure.

Anyway, i dont dig the sound of the pickups to much, i want MORE gain, so i have some options:

- Getting active emg 81/81 or 81/85, thing is there may not be any place to put the battery, but came to think of it there might be space under the pickguard where the 3 humbucker was (in the middle of the 2 there is now), but i would also have to install new vol tone pots and so on(not sure)?

- Getting an EMG hz h2 or h4 (how are they compared to 81/85?) easier to install i surpose

- Getting some dimarzio pickup like the x2n for the brigde and then some other dimarzio, ?

I have never tryed to change pickups on a guitar, but i am quite confident i will be able to, does not require that much IQ.

I Have an ESP LTD JH-600 (old model) With 81/81 emgs and i just love the tone of it to death, so i wanna get something like this

So what should i do, what should i go for?

Also i consider buying used pickups, because you can get them at ½ the price, so..

/Rasmus
Dutc tape solves all up to equations of 4. degree

Bugera 333xl
Peavey 5150 Cab
TC Electronics G-major
RG1527 w/ Dimarzio X2n-7 and Evo-7
Kramer Voyager
Ltd JH-600 w/ 2 emg 81, floyd rose and S and key inlays
Fender Classic 50 strat
well, Dimarzio X2N just kills. Bottom Line. If you want the output of an active pickup but the fullness and warmth of a passive thats it right there. Dimarzio also has a pickup called the D-activator which is pretty much an EMG made passive with a more rounded tone.

Both of those pickups are about the same output as an EMG. Maybe even more. I used to be like most kids and was like EMG=br00talz. But passives can rock it just as good if not better!

Hope I was a help.
So you suggest i get something like a X2n in the bridge and a d-activator in the neck?
Dimarzio only suggest the x2n for bridge.. so

Bugera 333xl
Peavey 5150 Cab
TC Electronics G-major
Kramer Voyager
Fender Classic 50 strat
Haha well it is not.. i have as i said the ESP LTD JH600 and a Bugera 333xl top with a peavey 5150 cab, also i have an ibanez rg350 (not that great but anyway), and then the fender and the vox valvetronix + a shitload of pedals/boards..

Bugera 333xl
Peavey 5150 Cab
TC Electronics G-major
Kramer Voyager
Fender Classic 50 strat