Poll: which guitar should i buy?
Poll Options
View poll results: which guitar should i buy?
Rickenbacker 330
3 13%
Gibson SG w/ coil taps
14 58%
Fender Mustang
6 25%
Ibanez JS100
7 29%
Voters: 24.
Which GUITAR should i buy?

RICKENBACKER 330
GIBSON SG standard w/ coil taps
IBANEZ JS100/JS1000/JS1200
FENDER MUSTANG
Quote by (sic)duckmaggot
from that list i would say either the SG or Ibanez. what genre do you play?

i play mostly punk, grunge, garage, hardcore, but i also play blues, instrumental (Satch, Malmsteen,Vai, Petrucci) progressive, hiphop, and all kinds of music
I say SG, you seem to play an excessively wide range of music so the coil taps should help with that.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
I'd get the js 1200, not the 100. The 100 has ok pickups and a crappy bridge but the 1200 has a wonderful bridge and amazing pickups! and! it has coil taps!
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)
None of those guitars will do you any good with your Line 6 Spider 3. You should buy an amp with the money, because you already have an ok guitar.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Quote by robertito696
I say SG, you seem to play an excessively wide range of music so the coil taps should help with that.

What a silly reason to buy a guitar. Coil taps don't really help that much, and if you need them all it takes is a $10 push/pull pot to be installed
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Quote by sammo_boi
None of those guitars will do you any good with your Line 6 Spider 3. You should buy an amp with the money, because you already have an ok guitar.

yeah you're right, i wanna buy a tube amp, probably an orange, but i don't know if my guitar (epi g310) is to crappy to sound good with a tube ampp XD
Quote by sammo_boi
What a silly reason to buy a guitar. Coil taps don't really help that much, and if you need them all it takes is a $10 push/pull pot to be installed

Yea, i say go with the mustang, because its crazy simple to coil tap your pickups, and i have a thing with fender. I find their necks favorable to all others
CAPITALISM
Quote by diofan88
Naked with a bowl of cereal with headphones.
Nah you guitar would still sound awesome through a tube amp. I play my old Epiphone LP Special II (much worse than your guitar) through my amp and it still sounds amazing.
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Quote by SGRocker400
so split the money between a guitar and an amp

This is probably your best bet
CAPITALISM
Quote by diofan88
Naked with a bowl of cereal with headphones.
Any POS guitar will sound incredible through a good amp.

As a joke I had plugged my friend's Epi LP-100 into his Mesa Mark IV and it sounded like a Mesa Mark IV.

If it's the sound you're really worried about then get the amp first then guitar.

If you hate the feel of your current guitar then go and try those ones out because they are all so entirely different from each other.

Everyone may vote the JS1200 but you might like thick Gibson necks.

That poll is basically useless.
or should i buy new pickups??
would that really change the quality of sound a lot?
and also, is it possible to put a floyd rose in an sg??
Quote by siverstorm
Any POS guitar will sound incredible through a good amp.

As a joke I had plugged my friend's Epi LP-100 into his Mesa Mark IV and it sounded like a Mesa Mark IV.

If it's the sound you're really worried about then get the amp first then guitar.

If you hate the feel of your current guitar then go and try those ones out because they are all so entirely different from each other.

Everyone may vote the JS1200 but you might like thick Gibson necks.

That poll is basically useless.

Sigged for truth x99999999
With our lives based on the hope for salvation
The humanist paradigm is nothing but a charade
Condemned to inertia: a passive race
We wait and contemplate

Quote by Pac_man0123
New amp first. New pickups won't really do anything with your amp. Putting a floyd in an SG is costly and pointless.

Why is it costly and pointless?
the thing about JS series, and his pickups is that they only sort of direct to one type of playing..
its just from what ive seen/played

but they are still pretty good,
id get sg or js
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX Electric Guitar With DiMarzio Tone Zone
Academy Electric Guitar
BeaverCreek Acoustic Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey Sanpera Footswitch I
To put a floyd in a guitar that wasn't originally routed for one you need to get it re routed which means cut through it and make an opening. This is very hard and most cases of taking a Gibson style guitar with a TOM bride and doing this end up failing.

It would cost quite a bit for the job then another $200 for the floyd and that's not even with a guarantee it'll work.

Not to mention you're putting upgrades that cost more than the guitar itself in. If you want a floyd guitar you're better off saving for a guitar already equipped with one.
i'm now more confused, i heard the rickenbacker i i love the sound, but is expensive (the most expensive of all 4) and i would like to play it first, and also, which would be the best guitar 4 the styles of music i play?which is moe most versatile guitar?
even if it doesn't is in the list
Here's what I think you should do:

Buy yourself a good tube amp with the money you have now
Buy some decent pickups for your current epiphone
Save for a Floyd-rose guitar to buy down the track
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Quote by Garageking1479
i'm now more confused, i heard the rickenbacker i i love the sound, but is expensive (the most expensive of all 4) and i would like to play it first, and also, which would be the best guitar 4 the styles of music i play?which is moe most versatile guitar?
even if it doesn't is in the list

A versatile guitar is different to everyone, you haven't gone out to try them, and you should do that.

I mean in my opinion, a versatile guitar would be the Jackson SLS3 with passive pickups and a TOM bridge.

The passives allow for a variety of tones and the TOM bridge allows for easy tuning changes, then you have the comfort of a superstrat as well as good access to all 24 frets.

But then the next guy might say the most versatile guitar is a Gibson Les Paul or an HSS Strat.

Everyone's different. You don't even know what you like yourself, go out and play these guitars. Don't constrain yourself to just these four,
go to the shop, find guitars that look nice in your price range and see if they feel and sound good too.

WE CAN'T GUESS AT THE PERFECT GUITAR FOR YOU BECAUSE WE AREN'T YOU.

I think for you, you should make sure whatever guitar you get has at least one humbucker and you should be fine.

WE CAN'T GUESS AT THE PERFECT GUITAR FOR YOU BECAUSE WE AREN'T YOU.
QUOTE]
yes, i only wanted some opinions