Everybody says that a tremolo bridge, especially a Floyd Rose, figuratively sucks sustain (true) and tone (subjective) out of your guitar. It makes it sound thin and tinny. But can this fault become a tone improvement? Perhaps it can make notes sound clearer and add note separation. So, can a tremolo (Floyd or otherwise) improve your tone in some cases?
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

It doesn't always kill your sustain or tone...

It's just what people assume, after reading on forums like this.

Yes, VIBRATO unit's can, Tremolo is the act of volume increasing and decreasing quickly, I think?
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
You are correct about vibrato and tremolo. The whammy bar on the guitar is actually vibrato. Tremolo is the rapid decrease/increase of the volume on the signal.
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
It doesn't always kill your sustain or tone...

It's just what people assume, after reading on forums like this.

Yes, VIBRATO unit's can, Tremolo is the act of volume increasing and decreasing quickly, I think?

You know what I mean! I said tremolo to dispel confusion. Come to think of it, I should have just said whammy bar
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

depends on what you're after, really. you probably get a bit less sustain out of a floyd (though a quality one with a good sustain block should have decent sustain), but for some things the tone can be an improvement. I mean, I have a bunch of hardtail guitars, and I love them, but they can sound a bit brash for my liking at times. trems have a bit of a softer, bouncier tone.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Unless you’re holding a lot of long notes with no vibrato the drop-off in sustain from a trem bridge is unlikely to be relevant. Now if you play a lot of stoner/doom metal I guess you should think about it.