yes he was THE pioneer of electric guitar and without him we wouldnt have the guitar styles that we do today. He was a pretty good songwriter and a great rhythm player but seriously, all these people that dont play guitar or music and say that he is the greatest of all time arent noticing his rhythm playing, they only care about his solos. which brings me to the fact that he cant solo.

tl;dr
Hendrix is overrated, good musician, bad guitarist

Discuss
My gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 LS100 Half Stack
Dunlop SW30 Slash Signature Wah
Digitech Hardwire CR-7 Stereo Chorus
Digitech Hardwire DL-8 Delay/Looper
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Fender CD220CE Acoustic
Opinions are like assholes: Everyone has one.
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by diofan88
Opinions are like assholes: Everyone has one.

then why dont you post yours
My gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 LS100 Half Stack
Dunlop SW30 Slash Signature Wah
Digitech Hardwire CR-7 Stereo Chorus
Digitech Hardwire DL-8 Delay/Looper
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Fender CD220CE Acoustic
Quote by DKMfreak410
then why dont you post yours

Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
your fag for even bringing up this challenge. You want turth. go listen to any Hendrix track and put yourself back in time to the 1960's people were on drugs, and free love. eveytrthing was being questioned and everyone was in question("Big" Government "Bother"hood). anyways. This music was mind blowing and every guitarist will tell you that. Beck to Satch to Buddy Guy to John 5. To EJ etc there are tons of ppl. who will explain how they feel when listening to hendrix. and not many guitarists have that emotional connection with the audience they way Hendrix does. and thats why hes the most imitated and recognizable guitarist to ever grace our planet. that said....My Favorite band IS MUTHA F##KIN' RACER X!!!!
SO yea i kinda agree i wish hendrix was slight more advanced in technique. but his note choice...superb
White/Cream Faded 1966 Stratocaster
100 Watt All-Tube JVM410H
1960 Lead Cab-B
-------------------------------------------------
Last edited by CommBreakDown at Sep 19, 2010,
I don't think Hendrix is that great, in my own opinion. I won't go as far as to say he's overrated though. How can one be overrated, when millions of people love his playing, his feel for the instrument, and his music as a whole. Who cares if he didn't shred like Satch or Vai?

Doesn't make him a bad guitarist.
He obviously wasn't the most technical or fast guitar player but he did have a love for guitar that was clearly displaid well. Im not the biggest fan of his music either IMO
Quote by CommBreakDown
your fag for even bringing up this challenge. You want turth. go listen to any Hendrix track and put yourself back in time to the 1960's people were on drugs, and free love. eveytrthing was being questioned and everyone was in question("Big" Government "Bother"hood). anyways. This music was mind blowing and every guitarist will tell you that. Beck to Satch to Buddy Guy to John 5. To EJ etc there are tons of ppl. who will explain how they feel when listening to hendrix. and not many guitarists have that emotional connection with the audience they way Hendrix does. and thats why hes the most imitated and recognizable guitarist to ever grace our planet. that said....My Favorite band IS MUTHA F##KIN' RACER X!!!!
SO yea i kinda agree i wish hendrix was slight more advanced in technique. but his note choice...superb

This took me like 5 minutes to read.
people whom are so close minded as TS will never be near as creative as those he idolizes. He wont even be as creative as those whom he makes stupid threads about. :roll:
I see him being the best because he influenced so many people and started something new. Sure people like paul gilbert can shred circles around him but I don't think they changed music that much. I don't think hendrix is the best shredder ever but he sure did do something unforgettable.

Same with eddie van halen. There are others that can shred circles around him but they will never be able to change music or revolutionize guitar like he did.
My Gear:
Ibanez RG-350 YE w/ Super Dist. and PAF pro pups
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
Yea TS u really butt****ed urself on this one. In Europe at a club Eric clapton said it himself that Hendrix was the GREATEST guitar he had ever seen or heard. BOOM!
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.
Who would've thought that angst-ridden teens would be taking out their "I don't have to shave yet" anguish out on a man, forty years dead, to whom their parents (and possibly grandparents) were likely listening to when they were conceiving their unappreciative asses.

Are you gonna say that Son House couldn't play the blues well? Maybe Louis Armstrong or Miles Davis should have just picked up factory jobs. John McLaughlin could've been a humble farmer. Hell, J.S. Bach couldn't come up with the stuff that James Horner could, Bach sure sucked.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
techno haters. have heard of bieber haters. recently met slipknot haters. BUT OMG. hendrix haters. thats too new. i think hes a legend. i have jimi hendrix medium authentic picks. they are the best. dont hate.
ESP/LTD MH-100QM See-Thru Blue
Behringer GM108
Vox Wah-Wah Pedal
hendrix sucked balls because he couldn't sweep pick. vai and satriani shred circles around him. derp.
Quote by Kozlic
Music doesnt need to be quality to be good.

Press eject, give me the tape, if you know what's good for you