i was looking at it on MF. im working on my first EP and am planning on recording it on my laptop in my apartment. looks pretty solid for 80 bucks, two inputs plus a mic input. its also got stereo outputs i can use with some old speakers i have as monitors. anyone know anything about it? my main concerns are line volume and clarity, no hissing that kind of thing.

btw i will be recording electric and acoustic guitars, bass, keyboards, and hopefully an electric drum set, drum machine.

thanks for any advice
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
Tbh the interface kinda sucks. It has bad preamps and the line in signals don't sound good either Go for an M-Audio Fast Track or a Presonus Audiobox, both are a little bit more expensive but definitely worth it.
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
i use a Lexicon Lambda which is a step up and everything in my profile was recorded with it, and it has worked out great. I second the Fast Track aswell, the Lambda is rugged as heck and although i've run into some Windows 7 issues with it, it usually works as intended.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Lexicon-Lambda-USB-Desktop-Studio?sku=245506
well i have a new macbook so windows 7 is irrelavent. im hearing both ways on it, so im kinda getting the feeling their not built very consistently.

thanks for the advice guys,
werewolf, checked out some of your recordings, sick stuff man. all those tracks were done on the lambda?

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by uncboy19
well i have a new macbook so windows 7 is irrelavent. im hearing both ways on it, so im kinda getting the feeling their not built very consistently.

thanks for the advice guys,
werewolf, checked out some of your recordings, sick stuff man. all those tracks were done on the lambda?

yep all done with the Lambda and Audition3.0, never had an issue with the line inputs like some reviews had on the alpha, regardless of what mic(sm-57 or condenser)it always gives a decent signal. only issue i ever had was right when windows 7 came out,but sense then patches came out etc:P but ya got a mac so you dont have to worry about.

thanks for the track comments
alright well i guess ill be saving for the lambda then. unless i can an alpha and it changes my mind.

Quote by gregs1020

I got an alpha not to long ago. its a pretty decent device for a beginner on a budget. i havn't had the chance to use the other features located on the back of the box but im sure you can get some nice sounding results if you tweek some settings on your DAW a bit. (Which most people who do get one of these don't do)

A problem that you may run into is that there is a hum sound that can get in the middle of your recordings if you dont use a good noise gate vst.
I use FLOORFISH and it knocks that hum right on out.

It all just depends on your budget range.
I only had like $100 and i got sick of using a crappy 10 watt amp and using a adaptor made the recordings sound muddy, noisy and just horrible. (like all but one one my profile, but we start somewhere right? :shrugs

i do hear that the Lambda is a very good device to use.
so i mean, if you can get enough money to get the Lambda i say go for it.
i couldn't because money does not come my way that often and could only do what i could for the moment being.
If you're serious about needed some Design or Motion Graphics done for your band, youtube, or literally anything else you should email me at CoreGraphics@live.com. My services are quite affordable for the quality I deliver.

Youtube: CoreGraphics