I remember hearing alot of hype for these amps a few years ago before they came out and don't see them mentioned that much. I was just interested in your opinions since they are ridiculously cheap and based on clips I heard sound quite nice and vintage-y.
Excellent Marshall-type amps for the money. If you need vintage Marshall tone on a budget, Blackheart would be the way to go imo.

I think one of the mods around here has gigged with a Little Giant.
Quote by Seref
Excellent Marshall-type amps for the money. If you need vintage Marshall tone on a budget, Blackheart would be the way to go imo.

I think one of the mods around here has gigged with a Little Giant.

That is quite impressive.

My question then is how come when someone asks for advice on buying a new amplifier and they play classic/hard rock, they are always suggested to buy an Egnater or something like that? When IMO this amp sounds infinitely better for that style. It seems that this amp should be suggested more.
People started to learn that Blackheart is owned by Crate (I think). So they were like "oh noes, Cr8 is sux0rz!" Long story short, UG bandwagons quite a bit.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by patriotplayer90

My question then is how come when someone asks for advice on buying a new amplifier and they play classic/hard rock, they are always suggested to buy an Egnater or something like that? When IMO this amp sounds infinitely better for that style. It seems that this amp should be suggested more.

Cause people are more afraid of Crate's history with tone than of Bugera's history with reliability.

Also, the Egnater Tweaker is a go-to amp IF you need the amp to be versatile. The Blackhearts are pretty much limited to vintage Brit crunch. If that's all you need, then they're great for that.
Quote by Seref
Cause people are more afraid of Crate's history with tone than of Bugera's history with reliability.

Also, the Egnater Tweaker is a go-to amp IF you need the amp to be versatile. The Blackhearts are pretty much limited to vintage Brit crunch. If that's all you need, then they're great for that.

I don't buy the whole versatility thing. Each amp has a distinct voicing that works better for some things than others, and the Tweaker is no more an exception than the blackheart to my ears.
Quote by patriotplayer90
I remember hearing alot of hype for these amps a few years ago before they came out and don't see them mentioned that much. I was just interested in your opinions since they are ridiculously cheap and based on clips I heard sound quite nice and vintage-y.

it's just the cycle of love hate around here. just like the MXR Carbon Copy delay, Bugera amps and the Blackstar HT5.

it normally happens when a prominent member of the board will say it's a nice amp, then n00bz will ravnously suggest it in every thread, no matter how stupid it would be to use in the TS' situation
Quote by example
TS:I'm looking for a digital delay
N00b: Digital r teh suxors!!!! u need Anal ogue delay. WARM REPEATS!!!11!!

eventually, this gets on other member's nerves, who form an anti-(insert fad here) bandwagon. Martixclaw must be called in to diffuse the situation. eventually, some n00bz will drift towards the anti-* bandwagon and vice versa and the object of the fad fades slowly into the history of UG.

hope this clears thing up
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
^ that
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by Jhachey22
it's just the cycle of love hate around here. just like the MXR Carbon Copy delay, Bugera amps and the Blackstar HT5.

it normally happens when a prominent member of the board will say it's a nice amp, then n00bz will ravnously suggest it in every thread, no matter how stupid it would be to use in the TS' situation

eventually, this gets on other member's nerves, who form an anti-(insert fad here) bandwagon. Martixclaw must be called in to diffuse the situation. eventually, some n00bz will drift towards the anti-* bandwagon and vice versa and the object of the fad fades slowly into the history of UG.

It all makes sense now.

I must have missed the Blackheart bandwagoning stage.
Quote by patriotplayer90
I don't buy the whole versatility thing. Each amp has a distinct voicing that works better for some things than others, and the Tweaker is no more an exception than the blackheart to my ears.

Yes, but the Tweaker allows for more tonal shaping which in turn affects its voicing.

Blackheart Handsome Devil: Presence, TMB, Volume, Gain

Egnater Tweaker: Volume, Gain, TMB, USA/Brit/AC switch, Bright switch, tight/deep switch, vintage/modern switch.

The Blackheart has a niche, and that's pretty much Brit-voiced classic rock. It does brit-voiced classic rock very well and it's not equipped to change it's tone in any major way. The extensive amount of controls on the Tweaker allows you to coax way more different sounds out of it, but it's not particularly great at any one thing.

So that's why I suggest what I do. If you need classic Marshall on the cheap, Blackheart's the way to go. The Egnater is there for people that want an amp that can go from meh cleans to meh metal and every meh sound in between.
Last edited by Seref at Sep 20, 2010,
Quote by Seref
Yes, but the Tweaker allows for more tonal shaping which in turn affects its voicing.

Blackheart Handsome Devil: Presence, TMB, Volume, Gain

Egnater Tweaker: Volume, Gain, TMB, USA/Brit/AC switch, Bright switch, tight/deep switch, vintage/modern switch.

The Blackheart has a niche, and that's pretty much Brit-voiced classic rock. It does brit-voiced classic rock very well and it's not equipped to change it's tone in any major way. The extensive amount of controls on the Tweaker allows you to coax way more different sounds out of it, but it's not particularly great at any one thing.

That's fair enough. Good response.
Quote by Jhachey22

OMFG I so want to sig that.

*rightclickcopysave*

I own a BH Killer Ant and have played the Tweaker, Rebel, Renegade and Tourmaster.
Blackheart little gaint is a good amp... A bit of a one trick pony but it does that really well. I think
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
Quote by patriotplayer90

i haven't tried them, but if they're anything like the other cheapish low watters I've tried, I wouldn't really want one for hard rock, there are better amps (normally with master volume) if you need to play heavier stuff... and also as seref says, most of the cheaper low wattage tube amps are one-trick ponies. Most threads are asking for a range of tones.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Sep 20, 2010,