New freshman at college, how has your experience been so far? Did you go away or stay at home? What's your major? How have you liked it so far? Etc.
As for me, I got a pretty good schedule with a learning community, and I want to get a degree in a humanity and be an educator, or maybe learn more languages and be interpreter for more money. Things have changed pretty fast.
Stayed home for the first year. Rent is ****ing insane. Classes are easy so far. Major in Journalism. I enjoy it, except one of my classes is televised and the other is online. I prefer being in the classroom during lectures and what not. The hardest thing so far is I have to take two classes of a language that is not English which isn't very hard at all seeing as my parents and most of my family speak the language I am taking a class to learn. -.-

Makes me regret not paying more attention to when they spoke as a child.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Eh not so bad. My classes are easy, but I will never live in the dorms. My apartment's half the price and waaaaaay nicer than those 12x12 boxes that they stuff four people into.
I moved out on Friday, it's pretty awesome here. I've signed up for the lacrosse and bowling teams and I'm starting to meet a lot of people in my dorm.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Things have been going swimingly I'm in res and everyone on my floor/ tower gets along well. Albeit, the total "pop-your-collar-bros" on my floor dont shut up on friday and saturday nights, even after quiet hours.

Classes are fine, I'm in Engineering, only one of my professors stands out though. My Calculus prof just LOVES math so much. He loves it so much he makes me excited to do math. I'm glad I have him as my prof

I've joined a few clubs on campus and I'm pumped for when they start their events!
GUITARS
Jackson AT-1
Schecter Loomis-FR
Squier Stratocaster
BASSES
Jay Turser JTB-402
AMPS
Fender Super Champ XD
Washburn Mad Dog
PEDALS
Vox Satchurator

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Cyborlox
Things have been going swimingly I'm in res and everyone on my floor/ tower gets along well. Albeit, the total "pop-your-collar-bros" on my floor dont shut up on friday and saturday nights, even after quiet hours.

Classes are fine, I'm in Engineering, only one of my professors stands out though. My Calculus prof just LOVES math so much. He loves it so much he makes me excited to do math. I'm glad I have him as my prof

I've joined a few clubs on campus and I'm pumped for when they start their events!

Engineering high five!

*high fives*

Can't complain really. It's been tough class-wise, but it's also lots of fun.
Not my first semester, but still technically my first year...
Basically got ****ed over reading the registration date wrong and didn't get any classes, living at home constantly being harassed by parents to find a job. Which is impossible these days. So I'm not having fun AT ALL!
I love new freshmans. You guys have the look on your faces of someone who's been kidnapped, and is duly frightened, but has decided to go along for the ride and is kinda excited about where the kidnappers are headed.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I'm enjoying college much more than I thought I would actually. I'm living in the dorms, I'm in an arts community so pretty much everyone on my floor is interesting and has a lot to say. I've met some really cool people, gone to some great parties and always have something to do.

I've had some trouble with skipping classes, but I'm determined to stop that as of this week. It can be tempting, especially for my easy, boring classes, but I have music classes at 8:30am Monday Wednesday and Friday every week, so even those are easy to skip. I'm a music education major, and so far I've only been reassured that teaching music is what I really want to do. I didn't do so well on my first 2 exams, which were piano and aural skills, but that has only inspired me to get more practicing done, so I should do fine now.
Quote by Cyborlox

I got in trouble twice tonight for being loud >_> first one was like 2 minutes after quiet hours start though
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Im from California and in Pennsylvania for uni. I just finished my first month and it hasn't gone too well. My biggest problem is the social scene aspect of my school, its really trashy and stuff, and not to mention my floor is filled with total tools who just fiend to get facked up and hook up with girls....it sucks.
Currently Playing:
Arma 2/3, Dayz, GW2, GTA, Splinter Cell, ESO, FF:X, Pokemon X
Remember this: first year is about having fun and abusing substances. It is not about going to class or studying. And it certainly isn't about quiet hours.
Quote by Cyborlox
Albeit, the total "pop-your-collar-bros" on my floor dont shut up on friday and saturday nights, even after quiet hours.

-.-
Buddy...
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by EnemyWolf
how has your experience been so far?

great

Quote by EnemyWolf
Did you go away or stay at home?

lived in a dorm my first two years and now I live in a house

Quote by EnemyWolf
What's your major?

Geographic Information Systems

Quote by EnemyWolf
How have you liked it so far?

best time of my life
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
I'm a new freshman, and I'm loving it so far. Went to a crazy rave tonight, which was a blast College is a ton of fun.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
After my first two weeks, I decided to change my major. Two weeks after that, I still have no idea what I want to do, or even if I really want to go through college. This is ridiculuous. But college is still fun; people are way more awesome here than at home!
I signed up to be a tutor for the freshmen this year, but classes don't start until october
I'm staying at home. Saving some money this way I am majoring in pre-engineering, and eventually mechanical engineering. I really like it so far, I have pretty good teachers this semester. And the classes aren't too hard.
Chem 1201
Calc II
Engl 1101
West. Civ I
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
It's pretty awesome so far. Classes are good (Arabic is my hardest). Parties are sick. Lot's of alcohol and fly girls. Lots of good pot and I got a connect for psychs. My suitemates are amazing.

Basically it's great.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by Colgate Total
Stayed home for the first year. Rent is ****ing insane. Classes are easy so far. Major in Journalism. I enjoy it, except one of my classes is televised and the other is online. I prefer being in the classroom during lectures and what not. The hardest thing so far is I have to take two classes of a language that is not English which isn't very hard at all seeing as my parents and most of my family speak the language I am taking a class to learn. -.-

Makes me regret not paying more attention to when they spoke as a child.

How is journalism at university? I'm seriously considering doing that.

Quote by Dreaminmusic
Im from California and in Pennsylvania for uni. I just finished my first month and it hasn't gone too well. My biggest problem is the social scene aspect of my school, its really trashy and stuff, and not to mention my floor is filled with total tools who just fiend to get facked up and hook up with girls....it sucks.

Where do you go to school? Sounds like a lot of places out in western/central PA...
i moved in about 3 weeks ago. so far it's totes awesome. i'm an english major at a school in boston, 3000 miles away from my hometown. i've gotten a little homesick, but overall i'm happy with my decision. i've already met a lot of really cool people, all my classes are fine, and its impossible to be bored.
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
I'm going to University Park [Penn State]. I dont really like it so far but its my only option because my parents are literally crazy and won't allow me to transfer.
Currently Playing:
Arma 2/3, Dayz, GW2, GTA, Splinter Cell, ESO, FF:X, Pokemon X
I think college so far is extremely overrated. Penn State, for being one of the top party schools, has pretty bad parties in my opinion. Theyre too overcrowded and they just serve watered down drinks. Though, the freshmen here think its amazing because they have never seen alcohol or drank it before (I am a freshmen too, but I grew up in a different country so I would say im used to it). If you want to avoid dumb frat guys, avoid a party school.
Quote by Dreaminmusic
my floor is filled with total tools who just fiend to get facked up and hook up with girls....it sucks.

Dude I really don't know what you expected out of college.

I'm starting college this coming spring semester. Just got out of the Army in oct. so we'll see how this goes. Going to be a 20 year old freshman so it's not bad at all. I'm going to be over 21 for the majority of my college life .
I am the Infantry.
Last edited by nirvana001 at Dec 7, 2010,