Hello, so there are guitars that are ONLY made in japan, Such as

SCHECTER-SD-II-24
http://cgi.ebay.com/SCHECTER-SD-II-24-AQB-M-Brand-New-Made-Japan-/260663658985?pt=Guitar&hash=item3cb0c3c9e9

and Edwards/ other brands that look like the one above.

Now this thread, is to talk about.. a cheaper, (atleast 600 to 800 0_0) version of these kind of guitars. its one of my dream guitars but the price range is way too high. If you guys know any good brands that accually make guitars like those (not up to par, but good) here in the US, around a farly good price range for its own good, then post Em!
I for sure am looking for ones with Floyd roses/edges/ whatever with locking nuts, and in aqua/blue QM/FM/ whatever. Thanks.
Last edited by evillord363 at Sep 20, 2010,
There aren't really any comparable guitars out there other than Edwards, which you mentioned.
Maybe you could hit the Craigslist jackpot and find a good deal on a used Charvel. But really, $2000 isn’t that much money if you’re patient and save.
Funny thing is, thats one of the lower end Japanese Schecters! The real high end ones are nearly $5000! I'd rather a Suhr for that kind of money, you could get a full custom for less than the Schecter.
edwards aren't 100% MIJ, just to point out.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
edwards aren't 100% MIJ, just to point out.

True, but the finishing, assembly and QC is in Japan, so if there are problems with one they'll spot it pretty easily. They're good quality guitars either way.
oh yeah, they're nice guitars. I just don't like the way that esp (or a lot of their japanese dealers, at least) were pretending they were 100% MIJ.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?