Tonally, what would you say is the JCA 20's or JCA2212RC's strength?

i have had mine for a few days now, and am trying to see where it fits in my stable, and want it to be at its best.

so where would you say that your JCA has the best tone?

note approximate EQ settings if you wish, please use o'clock positions.

state guitar and pickups/boost/whatever, etc.

state what speakers you are using.

thanks. i believe this could be a great resource for us all.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
That's like asking people to post the best colour for a car. It's all subjective. Settings threads aren't allowed either, but a Jet City Amps thread is a good idea I don't know if there is one yet.

You own the amp, use your ears and adjust to taste. "The perfect tone" is different from person to person
I just sold mine after having owned it for say 9-10 months. Was using it with a cab loaded with 2 V30s.

That's kind of a tough call. It did certain things very well, others not so much. I got mid-gain to higher-gain esque stuff to sound amazing with a boost. It covered my bands stuff (punk, post-punk, post-hardcore, party rock stuff) fairly well. I could also get dirty blues/classic rock tones somewhat easily too. Super clean stuff, not so much. I don't do br00talz unless it's for fun at band practice, and it sounded all right check MatrixClaws channel to hear a noice clip.

I typically had the bass at around 2, the mids at noon, the treble at 11 and the presence at 9-10. This was with a Green Screamer/Fulltone Fulldrive giving it that extra kick on various settings. I was overall very happy, and will probably actually but another one in the future (perhaps the 50H). But I needed something with more oomph and my ear for tone had considerably grown, so I wanted an upgrade.

EDIT: Yeah mate, there's a thread already.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1346646
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Last edited by CL/\SH at Sep 20, 2010,
Quote by AxSilentxLine
That's like asking people to post the best colour for a car. It's all subjective. Settings threads aren't allowed either, but a Jet City Amps thread is a good idea I don't know if there is one yet.

You own the amp, use your ears and adjust to taste. "The perfect tone" is different from person to person

I have multiple ways I like it, equally. I am simply asking how other people like thiers and use theirs.

Metal? Rock? Blues? What bands they feel it does best, etc.

I dont believe that this is against the settings thread rule, but that is my intrepretation. I also did not ask for settings, I simply stated that if they wanted to, they could.

It is not like looking at a color of a car, that is subjective. I am looking at common strong points, its more like comparing the differences in debating if a Camaro would be better suited for a road course or racing at the strip. it could go multiple ways.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by CL/\SH
I just sold mine after having owned it for say 9-10 months. Was using it with a cab loaded with 2 V30s.

That's kind of a tough call. It did certain things very well, others not so much. I got mid-gain to higher-gain esque stuff to sound amazing with a boost. It covered my bands stuff (punk, post-punk, post-hardcore, party rock stuff) fairly well. I could also get dirty blues/classic rock tones somewhat easily too. Super clean stuff, not so much. I don't do br00talz unless it's for fun at band practice, and it sounded all right check MatrixClaws channel to hear a noice clip.

I typically had the bass at around 2, the mids at noon, the treble at 11 and the presence at 9-10. This was with a Green Screamer/Fulltone Fulldrive giving it that extra kick on various settings. I was overall very happy, and will probably actually but another one in the future (perhaps the 50H). But I needed something with more oomph and my ear for tone had considerably grown, so I wanted an upgrade.

EDIT: Yeah mate, there's a thread already.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1346646

Thanks for the link, I have posted in that thread before actually, but i thought the scope in that thread was a little more broad than what i am asking.

i haven't tried my JCA2112RC with a V30 yet. i will have to hook it up to the orange cabinet one of these days.

those setttings are very similar, but i have the mids a bump higher and the presence a tad lower, with an OCD or Green Screamer. i feel it can do the brootz, but i have another amp for that. i agree with the classic rock, aspect of strengths, and it works good there, but i didn't like the dirty blues stuff that much out of it, but again i use the Orange for that.

i am at the point that it does a bunch of things well, but it want to find that one thing that it does great.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
I felt that it could do that very gritty blues well. Cleaner to light ODed blues it wouldn't be up to par, I felt.

Anything it can do, your DT can do better, although your VK will do heavier stuff much better.

It's got some versatility, but doesn't do one thing in particular THAT well. It did mid-gain stuff the best, IMO.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by CL/\SH
I felt that it could do that very gritty blues well. Cleaner to light ODed blues it wouldn't be up to par, I felt.

Anything it can do, your DT can do better, although your VK will do heavier stuff much better.

It's got some versatility, but doesn't do one thing in particular THAT well. It did mid-gain stuff the best, IMO.

that is kind of what i am thinking. the main reason i bought it was either to mod, or to just have something small i can easily haul around and play with.

i will have to try the mid-gain stuff a little bit more.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
I like it for gritty blues. I use a Ibanez hollowbody w/humbuckers in it and put the gain at about 5-7 (depending on where my volume is), bass at roughly 4, mids at 6, treble at 6, volume at 5-7 (opposite of gain) and presence around 4 or 5. Kinda a bright, BB King-esque tone IMO (although it might have to do with my homemade cab, too). If I want a good, rockin tone I put the pre to 7, bass to 6, mids to 7.5, treble to 2.5, volume at 5-7, and presence around 1. That gets me a good QOTSA - like tone, which I enjoy very much
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"