Anyone else hate the sound of thick gauge G string? Is it just me or my guitar? Maybe I should raise my action? Idk its sounds stupid though.
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91
Kurt Cobain, the best guitarist to ever live.

i prefer thicker gauge strings maybe its you pick up height or the pole position
Quote by supersac
i prefer thicker gauge strings maybe its you pick up height or the pole position

Not pick up's I'm playing without an amp right now, and this is like a set of 12's I think that gradually gets heavier (more so then usual) as it goes down. Idk if that makes a difference or not. What's pole position?
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91

Quote by malmsteensolo
It's that little metal pole holding your bridge to the guitar body.

Ohhh! I forgot to mention I have a floating bridge!

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91

Is it a wound or plain G? I absolutely hate plain G's, but sadly I couldn't find a set of .12's at Daddys Junky with a wound G last time I went.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Is it a wound or plain G? I absolutely hate plain G's, but sadly I couldn't find a set of .12's at Daddys Junky with a wound G last time I went.

Yeah it's plain, so it's not just me that thinks it sound weird? lol

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91

Quote by brandon2784
Yeah it's plain, so it's not just me that thinks it sound weird? lol

It's subjective. Try getting a set with a wound G, next time. See if you like it better.

I mean.. ARR.. Ye should be lookin' for ye booty! What ya wastin' yer time on 'ere fer?
Last edited by TheAbsentOne at Sep 20, 2010,
I shouldn't have gotten excited about this thread potentially being about something else....
Quote by Austriaal_
I shouldn't have gotten excited about this thread potentially being about something else....

Arr, me too. I was really hoping it was about pirates!

Nah. TO THE PLANK WITH YE!
thick plain 3rd stringsare absolutely horrendous in my opinion. if the set of strings is 11 or higher, it needs a wound 3rd. i can deal with a 9's set or 10's set plain 3rd cause they're relatively thin, and they dont feel weird, but get to 11's and they just feel too chunky. i don't play anything less than 11's either, so a wound 3rd string is a must for me.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"