What locking tuners would be a drop in replacement for my lonestar strat? (mexican)

Sidepost to save space on forum: graphite nut vs rolling nut... *clap* GO
I believe there are Schaller locking tuners on American Deluxe Series strats, so it seems to follow that they would be the go-to direct replacement.
Last edited by NShore at Sep 20, 2010,
Depends on brand.

There are Fender locking tuners that are a direct drop-in, I believe Schallers are, I know Sperzels aren't.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
I have Sperzels on my strat and I had to drill them. The Schaller's are drop in, but I don't think work as well. That's why I went the little extra mile for the Sperzels. Any guitar shop can do it for your for a small price.

Also, Locking Tuners aren't a catch-all solution for Strats. You need a new nut, well lubricated string trees, and good saddles. Check out the Graphtech Supercharger Kit. That's what I use on my Strat and I love it.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
If the tuners are staggered you don't need string trees at all, and part of the reason Eric Johnson's Strat doesn't have any is he's found it actually hurts tuning stability. I don't know if it'd be cheaper to buy the package and not use them or buy each part seperately, but I'd go for whichever is cheaper.

Also, every tremolo bridge user should have a Tremsetter. It makes the bridge function like a hardtail in regards to things like bends (even unison), drop tunings, and palm muting, but you can actually use the bridge still, unlike blocking it.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?