I am mainly a metal guitarist and I need a good electric guitar with at least 2 good humbucking pickups and which gives out a kickass metal sound.My budget is around $700.So, please suggest a guitar under that price?
Last edited by Micro1 at Sep 20, 2010,
Whereabouts in the world are you? If you're in the 'states you can get something pretty awesome for that money. If you're down under like me then your options are more limited.
I'd be looking at the cheaper Jacksons and ESP/LTDs, specially if you dig gnarley shapes. Ibanez and Schecter are also good options
There's hundreds of guitars out there.
You really need to be more specific.
Generally, I'd get an Ibanez, a Jackson, an ESP or a Dean.
But there's lots more.
Go to the guitar shop and just try some out.
try out active or passive pick ups, whether you want a floyd rose system.
etc etc
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
What amp are you using? If you want to improve your sound the amp is the biggest factor...unless you're running an SSS Strat for metal.
(OH for the love of God don't post malmsteen and maiden pics...)

Since you said you're looking for a metal sound it might be better to go with a new amp. (Unless the one you have now if okay.)
Your guitar isn't going to give you a kick ass metal sound, only a kick ass metal amp can do that. Just fyi.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Micro1
Some suggestions about a good amp under $250?

a Vypyr i guess...

but 90% of people would recommend buying a good $800+ amp instead of a guitar for now.
the guitar wont change the sound much at all, an amp does pretty much all of the work.
Gear:

LTD MH-50
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by Micro1
Some suggestions about a good amp under $250?

Is the $250 in addition to the initial $700, or is it a part of it?

In any case, assuming you only have $700, you could pick up a used Peavey 6505+ for around $500. That and any guitar with humbuckers will get you an infinitely nicer metal sound than some high end guitar and an amp not suited for metal. Almost all of your tone comes from your amp - your guitar is mostly a comfort thing. You have to play something that's comfortable to you, and have some features geared toward what you play (in your case humbuckers, 24 frets, stuff like that). You should be good to go.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I would also suggest looking for a used amp, maybe around $500 to buy. If you are playing a good guitar through crappy amp, you will then not like the tone you are getting and then want an amp. If you look used, then you could find some good deals with the money you have.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)