Poll: So, do you have facebook?
Poll Options
View poll results: So, do you have facebook?
Yes, I use it often
174 54%
Yes, I don't use it all the time but I do check it regularly.
97 30%
Yes, but I nearly never use it
21 7%
No, I hate Facebook
30 9%
Voters: 322.
Page 1 of 2
So I've seen a few people on here saying they dislike Facebook and refuse to get it and it got me thinking, how many UGer's have facebook?

If you don't give a reason why.

Poll coming
* If my punctuation seems off, it's because my shift button is broken *
I use it, it's easy to keep in touch with people that I don't see often. It's really not annoying like most people make it out to be if you don't add 5,000 "friends"
I use it all the time. Lets me keep in touch with people, and the events feature is damn handy, me being scatty and forgetful.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
A friend of mine made me get one so as to keep in touch, and it's a nightmare. Some people have added me that I don't entirely remember. Yesterday someone answered a question about me and I couldn't work out how to see what it was. It's chaos!
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
No facebook for me. Actually I've got one I made months ago to stalk someone, which hasn't been used since. I just find it irritating. I mean I don't have any ~long distance friends to keep up with, so its like, why am I "facebooking" people I talk to for 6 hours a day?

Actually perhaps what bothers me most is friend requests. People request me all the time. Not my friends but people at school I don't even know, talk to or like. At some point its pathetic that people want so many facebook friends.
I use it to keep in touch with people, see what they're doing etc. You'll only get trouble if you look for it.
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
Quote by suckersdream
No facebook for me. Actually I've got one I made months ago to stalk someone, which hasn't been used since. I just find it irritating. I mean I don't have any ~long distance friends to keep up with, so its like, why am I "facebooking" people I talk to for 6 hours a day?

Actually perhaps what bothers me most is friend requests. People request me all the time. Not my friends but people at school I don't even know, talk to or like. At some point its pathetic that people want so many facebook friends.

Use it sometimes not all the time
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by suckersdream

I actually find that kind of cool. I mean, they may be at school, but I've never met them before or gotten to know them. It's another platform to meet people I never would have spoken to at school, not because of my ego or something, just because of different classes, grade levels, ect.
John 3:16 = Truth

Sight reading tableture = Guitar Hero for real guitarists
Quote by slash_GNR666

Use it sometimes not all the time

Can't see the picture on my computer, explain?

I actually find that kind of cool. I mean, they may be at school, but I've never met them before or gotten to know them. It's another platform to meet people I never would have spoken to at school, not because of my ego or something, just because of different classes, grade levels, ect.

Its okay on that level, but people have added me who wouldn't ever talk to me at school. If they don't have any interest in me in real life, I don't really care to be "friends" on facebook.
Last edited by suckersdream at Sep 20, 2010,
It's sort of a fluorescent blue manhole cover with "HAHAHA, wait, what?" written on it. I'm not sure why that's better than writing the words "HAHAHA, wait, what?", but apparently it is.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
I don't have Facebook. It would just be another time suck and I can't stand people who get personally offended if you don't accept their friend request.
Quote by whalepudding
It's sort of a fluorescent blue manhole cover with "HAHAHA, wait, what?" written on it. I'm not sure why that's better than writing the words "HAHAHA, wait, what?", but apparently it is.

Ok, in which case I don't think half an hour on facebook over a year ago counts as "yes but I nearly never use it", so basically, yes I do technically have facebook. No I do no use it.
I had it for like 6 months but de-activiated it, I saw I was wasting too much time on it . I may reactivate it in the holidays though, just because it makes it easy to organise stuff to do.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
ITT: People act superior because they aren't superficial enough to want "loads of friends".

Got FB, use it all the time.

A) Because the message feature is brilliant for group organisation.
B) Because I've got friends in different towns, schools, countries and continents.
C) Because I don't want to be some fucking e-hermit for the sake of being elitist.
i used to sit on it heaps quite a while back. but now i only ever log on, see if theres any notifications or if i have someting to tell a friend, then exit out. "I don't use it all the time but I do check it regularly."

i now wast all my time lurking around UG. its kind of more of a time waster that facebook, but far more entertaining and 'informative'.
Last edited by CreepingDeath13 at Sep 20, 2010,
Aye, I use it all the time. Makes keeping in touch with people and organising nights out much easier. Plus I have friends who have moved away to uni so I can keep in touch with them really easily. Don't see why people hate it so much, although a lot of people just seem to give it grief 'cause its popular and they want to be different by hating it.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Anyone that bitches about Facebook is too retarded to say "no" to a friend request. Seriously I find nothing annoying about it. I only add people I know and I never have problems.
Check out my band Disturbed
I have it, mostly because most of my friends on it, would rather talk to me through a set of status updates rather than talk to me in person.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by SMH07
Aye, I use it all the time. Makes keeping in touch with people and organising nights out much easier. Plus I have friends who have moved away to uni so I can keep in touch with them really easily. Don't see why people hate it so much, although a lot of people just seem to give it grief 'cause its popular and they want to be different by hating it.

+1
Had it, didnt use it, deactivated it. Really served no purpose for me
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
I have it and use it fairly regularly. I might deactivate it though as i waste so much time on it
I use it pretty often. It was mostly just to keep touch on things but I find myself using it more and more. It's addictive like that haha. The smallest excuse to not use it is welcome though, like being away from home and stuff.. it's just become a habit of being home now.
I resisted getting one for a good while and it actually turns out that it's fairly useful.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

I have about 10 or 15 friends, I don't need facebook and anyway, it's way too invasive. I had it for a while but closed my account. I have an email that works perfectly well.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
I have it...
ive moved a couple times so its handy.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Quote by Pi!
I don't have Facebook. It would just be another time suck and I can't stand people who get personally offended if you don't accept their friend request.

i know the reason people get personally offended

It's because its so insignificant that if you refuse someone it shows you probably hate them. The only people i don't add are my parents
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by alexmonty12
I use it pretty often. It was mostly just to keep touch on things but I find myself using it more and more. It's addictive like that haha. The smallest excuse to not use it is welcome though, like being away from home and stuff.. it's just become a habit of being home now.

Neutral Milk Hotel FTW!!!
Yes, I use it often, but I fooking hate it. It's so shit, but I'm hooked unfortunately!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by CreepingDeath13
i used to sit on it heaps quite a while back. but now i only ever log on, see if theres any notifications or if i have someting to tell a friend, then exit out. "I don't use it all the time but I do check it regularly."

i now wast all my time lurking around UG. its kind of more of a time waster that facebook, but far more entertaining and 'informative'.

This is exactly what I was going to say.
I use it quite a bit. It's pretty useful for arranging to meet people/working on group projects and stuff like that.

I used to waste so much time on it last year, stalking people I still use it a lot but only when I need to. which turns out to be all the time so same difference...

anyway, I use UG to procrastinate now. It's a lot more interesting than Facebook.

The only thing I don't like about Facebook is how convoluted the privacy settings are.
cat
I detest Facebook. I WAS on it, but deactivated it. There's too many people on it, all wanting to add everyone they know. The second you add them back, you have no more privacy. Even knowing someone on Facebook, I can't trust that they'll keep our conversations private.
I only have 79 people added on mine and I'm friends with all of them and talk to all of them regularly.
Yeah it's really handy, especially as I've got friends who I don't see often or live close to. Very handy for organising events as well. Apologies that I'm not being cool and being a hater.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
i use it to eep in touch with people i dont see all that much and random face book banter is always good when your bored.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Page 1 of 2