I'm going to get a new delay pedal and i need some help choosing. I currently have a horrible, Behringer DD100 (which i got free) and want something that actually sound nice! I've got up to £130 to spend and have been looking at:

Tech 21 D.L.A (delay with clean boost) £95
Akai Headrush - £130
Boss DD-7 £110 (i've played around with my friends DD-3, is this significantly different bearing in mind i don't have any stereo ability at the moment?)
MXR carbon copy - £110
Line 6 Echo park £115 [if im going for this should i just jump straight for the DL4?]

I'd ideally like a tap tempo option, not essential, but it would be nice considering how much these all are. However, i don't want ot compromise on something that has tap tempo if it doesn't sound so good. A looper would be handy too, but since i don't have one at the moment i'm perfectly happy to live without it.

Are there any other things i should look at?
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
I had a DD7 a while back, sold it for a T-rex Replica that I sold for a DMM, but I kinda miss the DD7 right now, really liked it. Out of those you listed, I wouldn't go for the Carbon Copy, the others are pretty nice. I don't have any experience with the Headrush but I heard good things about it.
Test the Digitech Hardwire DL-8. I preferred that to the Line 6 Echo Park. It's a similar price depending where you purchase.
The nova repeater......
I have the Echopark, it's pretty good. There are some decent presets. The digital, analogue and tape settings are also useful. Sound wise it's pretty good but i didn't try it side by side with any others. I need the tap tempo, it's a very worthwhile feature IMO.
Last edited by Tempoe at Sep 20, 2010,
The DD7 out of that list. The Digitech DL8 is also good.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I have the MXR carbon copy. Doesn't have many features, so it may not suit your needs. But honestly it sounds really good for what I use it for. I just use it during some leads to get a bigger sound when the song calls for it.
if you can find a used boss dd-20 i would go for that. just depends. they run about $220 new but i got mine for $120 used. i used to have the line 6 dl4, and while i loved it, it didn't have the ability to tap tempo a dotted eighth note (the edge type delay). dd-20 has some really cool features, plenty of different delay modes, and you can store your delays.