umm, back to the phuture wasn't a rave. . . However there is a rave next saterday!!!

ps, lordodonuts sounds like a SQUARE
Electro Metal???

myspace.com/lividarchaic
I don't really like 'em. That's because I say, "Heck no to Techno."

About ten years ago, they got pretty big around here (Southern Wisconsin). Plus, I have a good friend who was spinning, and putting on big parties. Naturally, I'd go with my friends. I tried some rolls, I even tried the occasional hippie-flip and candy-flip. Still, I didn't like it. What it came down to is that I thought Techno sucked.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
Quote by Neo_Towel
umm, back to the phuture wasn't a rave. . . However there is a rave next saterday!!!

ps, lordodonuts sounds like a SQUARE

I have good reason to believe so. Last year a kid in a nearby high school died because they spiked his drink with brake fluid at a rave. It's simply not an activity I'd like to partake in, thank you.
The music sucks, you can get your drink spiked and there's a good chance rape/sluttyness ensues. Hence why I prefer a concert. Good music, the people are nice (most of the time) and the vibes are good. Feels good man.
someone could spike somebody's something with anything anywhere. . .

and mr i went to rave's in wisconsin, im sure you've havent seen anything the like the scene in houston. this back to the phuture homedude mentioned is case in point. GOOGLE THAT SHIT. . .
Electro Metal???

myspace.com/lividarchaic
If you don't want to get your drinks spiked, all you have to do is watch out.
I once punched a guy who dropped a pill in my drink why I was holding it in my hands.
Quote by The_Casinator
If you don't want to get your drinks spiked, all you have to do is watch out.
I once punched a guy who dropped a pill in my drink why I was holding it in my hands.

I agree with this although it can happen pretty much anywhere.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

my feelings exactly!! ON WISCONSIN!!!
Quote by Jazz Funeral

About ten years ago, they got pretty big around here (Southern Wisconsin). Plus, I have a good friend who was spinning, and putting on big parties. Naturally, I'd go with my friends. I tried some rolls, I even tried the occasional hippie-flip and candy-flip. Still, I didn't like it. What it came down to is that I thought Techno sucked.

hey, I'm from southern Wisconsin too. but yeah, the scene makes me sick.
Holden Caulfield is a friend of mine.
We go drinking from time to time.
Quote by guitarist_9018
my feelings exactly!! ON WISCONSIN!!!

Alright, another Wisconsinite!

I gotta say it, I didn't even think Rolls were fun until I tried some outside of a Rave. It really does make a difference when you dig your environment.

EDIT: ^^ Oh shit! Wisconsin's representin' up in this bitch!

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
Last edited by Jazz Funeral at Sep 20, 2010,
Drugs, crowds, dancing, and techno. Everything I hate wrapped up in a neat little package.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
If you guys are gonna call all dance music techno, that means I'm allowed to call metal screamo.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

While we're on the subject, can someone throw me a couple of starting points to listen to for Techno? i'm totally into electronic music in general, I have a pretty sound grounding in Trance, Psytrance, Electronica, Dubstep and Trip Hop.

What I'm looking at at the moment is a bit old for me, I have this thing that it needs to be well produced, modern mixing.

tl;dr: Current good techno projects? Recommend pls

For example, is this techno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHs8LxPepKU
Last edited by bartdevil_metal at Sep 20, 2010,
@ SteveHouse

Just a generalization, man. I didn't see the point in specifying House, Industrial, Jungle, etc... I have heard some Jungle and Drum & Bass that I thought was kinda cool. Besides, House and Industrial don't rhyme with "Heck No".

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
While we're on the subject, can someone throw me a couple of starting points to listen to for Techno? i'm totally into electronic music in general, I have a pretty sound grounding in Trance, Psytrance, Electronica, Dubstep and Trip Hop.

What I'm looking at at the moment is a bit old for me, I have this thing that it needs to be well produced, modern mixing.

tl;dr: Current good techno projects? Recommend pls

For example, is this techno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHs8LxPepKU

Come to the Techno and Dance thread in B&A > Other, sir.

SHEdit: Wat, that's drum & bass

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Cheers brah

I looked on the techno wiki and "Underworld" were under the artists. I downloaded their latest album before I realised they collaborrated with a DnB producer on the album. Fail.
Quote by SteveHouse
If you guys are gonna call all dance music techno, that means I'm allowed to call metal screamo.

****ing plus one.

None of you twerps have any idea what a rave is about.
Quote by rgrockr
Drugs, crowds, dancing, and techno. Everything I hate wrapped up in a neat little package.

You sound like a fun guy
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
My friends and I drove 22 hours total to see Basshunter, Wheelz, and DJ Quack Quack in Seattle.
Introduced me to a lot of kick ass music.
But, I hated the atmosphere so I probably wouldn't go again.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by SadusAttack
there's a good chance rape/sluttyness ensues.

Gay detected

Quote by jmonko
My friends and I drove 22 hours total to see Basshunter, Wheelz, and DJ Quack Quack in Seattle.
Introduced me to a lot of kick ass music.
But, I hated the atmosphere so I probably wouldn't go again.

Drove 22 hours to see basshunter? He must be much bigger in the US than here
Quote by duggyrocks
Gay detected

Drove 22 hours to see basshunter? He must be much bigger in the US than here

It was 11 hours there and another 11 back. Seems to be pretty damned big.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by jmonko
It was 11 hours there and another 11 back. Seems to be pretty damned big.

I travelled 11 minutes down the road to see him in a tiny club . He had no +guests though, and he basically just sang along to his own backign tracks
Dubstep = Rave? Wow. I would find it mighty hard getting a room jumping with something 140 bpm with a downbeat groove.

Though dubstep is awesome, so I'd go there.

If you don't want your drink spiked, watch yourself. And if someone has the gall to do it infront of you, do what the Casinator did and knock their lights out.

Drugs, loud music and a lot of sweaty people having a good time? Sounds no different than a rock gig.
Quote by ultimatedaver

wubwubwubwubwubwubwub
wubwubwubwubwubwubwub
wubwubwubwubwubwubwub

Actually I like some dubstep, but I see it more like a club thing, not being best for huge rave.

On the other hand I can't stand trance where it plays nothing but chords with no beats for about 5 minutes to intro a song, ie DJ Tiesto.

A song I'd like to hear at a rave:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLe1ngTjIu4
Last edited by stratkat at Sep 20, 2010,
Quote by stratkat
wubwubwubwubwubwubwub
wubwubwubwubwubwubwub
wubwubwubwubwubwubwub

Actually I like some dubstep, but I see it more like a club thing, not being best for huge rave.

On the other hand I can't stand trance where it plays nothing but chords with no beats for about 5 minutes to intro a song, ie DJ Tiesto.

A song I'd like to hear at a rave:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLe1ngTjIu4

Who wrote that and where can I get more of it?
Me and my dorm neighbor want to go to a rave on the 24th. I'm new to the scene, but he lived in Scottsdale, and was pretty into the rave scene up there.

And if anyone wants to find raves/info, try this

http://www.dontstayin.com/
I've seen The Crystal Method (big ups, best night of my life) and plan to catch Paul Oakenfold next month. Not many dance acts come to Oklahoma

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by SteveHouse
I've seen The Crystal Method (big ups, best night of my life) and plan to catch Paul Oakenfold next month. Not many dance acts come to Oklahoma