How on earth would I go about setting all this up.

Ibanez Jem, Peavey 6505+ with pedal, ISP G string, Maxon OD808, Sonic Maximizer BBE 362, and a pod xt bean (only for effects) no modeling, gates etc. Just delay,chrous, phaser etc. along with the FBV floorboard for the pox xt. Not sure if you can even use the board for the pod xt and the amp pedal. Oh and a shure wireless system. If someone could explain this I will forever be in your debt. A quick drawn diagram would be great. Thanks a million in advance everyone.
the 1st rule of guitar:
IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT, DON'T BUY IT.

now that that's out of the way, you plug cables into the holes on the side of the pedals. keep doing this until you get to your amp.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
No need to be an asshole. It is a reasonable question. I have never had anyone be so rude on the UG forums.
Quote by 6o66y
No need to be an asshole. It is a reasonable question. I have never had anyone be so rude on the UG forums.

Really?

But I do need to ask; how did you get hold of all that stuff without knowing how to plug in a guitar?
First, how did you end up with all that stuff without knowing how it works?

Second, read the manuals. They're all online.

Third, using the 808, the wireless, and the ISP unit together is going to be a pain since it will involve either several long cable runs or having the 808 at the amp instead of at your feet. Should have thought about that ahead of time.

Fourth, get one thing working at a time. Do guitar->amp first. Then do wireless. Then do the ISP. Then sell the BBE and 808 on ebay because the BBE sounds lousy and there's no good way to wire in the 808 and a 6505 already has plenty of gain. Then wire up the POD. It's a step by step kind of thing.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Last edited by Even Bigger D at Sep 20, 2010,
Quote by 6o66y

He's right actually :P

Dont buy something unless you actually intend to use it.
Start with Wah, Comps, OD, and then everything else depending on taste.
He does have a point. Why would you buy something if you don't know where you will put it.
But here you go first
Wireless--sonicmaximizer-808-amp
in the loop pod xt into isp
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
Well..i know how to plug in the ****ing guitar and all the other shit, jesus christ I was just looking for an opinion for an order. And actually I can afford whatever. So even if I dont know how to use something I would still buy it and try to learn. Im sorry you are all broke and cant afford shit. Go back to school and spend less time being dicks.
Quote by joey arce
He does have a point. Why would you buy something if you don't know where you will put it.
But here you go first
Wireless--sonicmaximizer-808-amp
in the loop pod xt into isp
The maximizer goes in the loop.
Quote by 6o66y
Well..i know how to plug in the ****ing guitar and all the other shit, jesus christ I was just looking for an opinion for an order. And actually I can afford whatever. So even if I dont know how to use something I would still buy it and try to learn. Im sorry you are all broke and cant afford shit. Go back to school and spend less time being dicks.
You might not have noticed in all your blind butthurt fury, but there are people in this thread trying to help you.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Last edited by Kanthras at Sep 20, 2010,
Yes.. I am sorry. Thank you. There are a few trying to help. "Blind butthurt fury" thank you for that..i needed a laugh.
Quote by 6o66y

xD, now who's the one being the asshole? Your given good advice and this is how you thank UG.
Just leave it now man..
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
Quote by 6o66y

amen brother. Nothing but haters.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
Quote by 6o66y
Yes.. I am sorry. Thank you. There are a few trying to help. "Blind butthurt fury" thank you for that..i needed a laugh.
You're welcome.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Us guitarists can be a pretentious bunch it seems. Just take the good info from the replies and ignore the assholes. It's your gear and though there are options to connect it all experimentation, and how it all sounds to you, will determine how you chain them for maximum effect. And good luck!
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
Ok my suggestion, bear in mind ive not used a ISP Gstring (worth looking at this website http://www.pedalspluseffectswarehouse.com/ISP_G_String_Decimator_Pedal_p/isp-decpdlg.htm) I think you should go:

JEM-->Wireless-->(middle socket, right-hand side)ISP Gstring (out the top socket on RHS)-->Maxon-->Peavy--(effects loop send)-->Pod-->(bottom RHS)ISP Gstring--(Effects loop return)-->Peavy--(DI Out)-->Sonic Maximizer

That way the switcher for the Peavy and the FBV floorboard can be used.

Im not sure why you would want the Sonic Maximizer though? What were your thoughts??
Last edited by orkboy13 at Sep 20, 2010,
Quote by 6o66y

No need to be an asshole. I have never had anyone be so rude on the UG forums.
Quote by Even Bigger D
First, how did you end up with all that stuff without knowing how it works?

Second, read the manuals. They're all online.

Third, using the 808, the wireless, and the ISP unit together is going to be a pain since it will involve either several long cable runs or having the 808 at the amp instead of at your feet. Should have thought about that ahead of time.

Fourth, get one thing working at a time. Do guitar->amp first. Then do wireless. Then do the ISP. Then sell the BBE and 808 on ebay because the BBE sounds lousy and there's no good way to wire in the 808 and a 6505 already has plenty of gain. Then wire up the POD. It's a step by step kind of thing.

bad advice - an OD can tighten any high gain amp, and personally I thought the BBE sounded good. Having said that, you'll be hard pressed to find a use for both of them.

orkboy has it... and next time learn how to use gear before you buy it.

there... question answered. Now stop getting upset, stop being a dick, GTFO and save yourself from flameage...
Here's how I would do it.

In front of the amp: Guitar -> Wireless -> OD-808 -> G-String -> Amp.

In your amp's effects loop: FX Send -> Pod XT -> Sonic Maximizer -> G-String -> FX Return.

You can try different combinations of this but I would suggest always keeping the OD-808 in front of the amp (not in the FX loop) and I would personally leave the G-string at the end of each signal path.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by 6o66y

If cost isn't an issue I would ditch the pod, from your chain, and pick up an MXR Phase 90 (EVH maybe), Wylde Chorus and a good delay unit...all in one solutions like those from Line 6 sacrifice quality effects for efficiency. IMHO (I own a pod and Flextone III as well).

If you really want to go wild, also pick up a Voodoo Labs Ground Control unit to run all the pedals in whatever combo you want with a footswitch...with true bypass when they're not in use.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
Thanks Orkboy. My thoughts on the maximizer are. I am using a peavey 6505+ with a marshall cab. I cant seem to get the low bass sounds i am looking for. I wish I had a mesa cab. I have seen youtube videos explaining/showing that the maximizer can boost the lows.
Quote by 6o66y
Thanks Orkboy. My thoughts on the maximizer are. I am using a peavey 6505+ with a marshall cab. I cant seem to get the low bass sounds i am looking for. I wish I had a mesa cab. I have seen youtube videos explaining/showing that the maximizer can boost the lows.

Which Marshall cab? The 6505+ and a Marshall 1960 are a common combination which should be able to get all the low end you want.
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by SwampAshSpecial

orkboy has it... and next time learn how to use gear before you buy it.

Just an educated guess but thanks
Quote by 6o66y

Have you tweaked the EQ to decrease your mids/highs to compensate and give the perception of more lows? Also, if you have a Resonance feature, increasing it may help. That said, once you start mixing tracks and add bass to the mix, you'll find more value in keeping the guitar in the mid-range of the mix and let the bass do it's job. Though I understand the desire for a fuller guitar sound when just jamming alone. Consider adding a multi-band EQ to your chain if you really want to shape the signal more. Though I haven't used the BBE...maybe it's contour function does the job.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
Quote by DrNick
Which Marshall cab? The 6505+ and a Marshall 1960 are a common combination which should be able to get all the low end you want.

I would have thought that also
Quote by 6o66y

Pod XT -> OD-808 -> Sonic Maximizer -> Guitar -> G-String -> Amp -> Wireless -> Cab

Actually, I'm broke because I'm still 16 years old.
Not sure what guitar you're using, but another option is to replace your PUP with one that emphasizes the low-end, such as a Tone Zone. Starting with the source of the signal at the PUP may help you find the tone your trying to achieve.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
Quote by dkunick
Not sure what guitar you're using, but another option is to replace your PUP with one that emphasizes the low-end, such as a Tone Zone. Starting with the source of the signal at the PUP may help you find the tone your trying to achieve.

He's got an Ibanez Jem, I wouldnt exactly say there there bad pickups in it
Quote by orkboy13
He's got an Ibanez Jem, I wouldnt exactly say there there bad pickups in it

Ah...guess I should have read that. But those PUPs are not known for their low end, more mid-range driven. Sounds like he's looking for a heavier tone. Cheers.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
I have got it figured out now. I have been messing with things while refreshing the post. Again I would like to thank everyone that has added positive input. I am sorry that I myself ended up being a bit of a dick in my "blind butthurt fury". I was frustrated, as we all get and that first post was just uncalled for. UG is a place for people to learn. One should not be made, to feel stupid for trying to learn. As Dennis Miller use to say. "Of course this is my opinion, I could be wrong".
As for the pickups..you are right. I am not going to get what I am looking for using the JEM I will have to use my ESP baritone viper, but I love my JEM....damnit.
The JEM and its Evos are meant more for soloing and leads, not so much for heavy rhythm/riffage. If you can't get "heavy" out of your ESP either, then I think there's a problem.
Axe-FX Standard
Glad you got it sorted out bro. Happy picking.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro