So I recently got new type of strings (Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottom). Since they were new I fixed the action so I wouldn't get any string buzz.
I then went to fix the intonation and I stumbled across a problem. I have a Les Paul so all I had to do was turn the screw depending on whether it was flat or sharp. Most of my strings were sharp so I turned the screws to the right, but with a few of the strings I couldn't turn the screws any more since the saddles were at the very end of the bridge, and the strings were still too sharp.

So I now don't know how to get my intonation perfect, help anyone?
uhhh as far as I know other then the height adjustments on your bottom bridge your not supposed to touch anything by touching the individual screws you just made your guitar outta whack... You cannot move the individual adjusters towards or away from the neck.... they were in a certain position to give you your sound and harmonics etc... I would go to a shop because they have a tool that reads the sound and they can adjust it, as for doing it yourself if you adjusted them towards or away then your SOL (as far as i know)

if you aren't taking about the adjustments on the bridge itself then I'm sorry for wasting your time, but if you did touch them, then that is a major failure and it'll probably cost you 30 - 50 $ to fix... id bring it to a shop because they can fix that pretty quick and they got the tools

now I know some people may be able to adjust this without the tool and maybe by ear but the adjustments are there for a reason... I'm not saying they don't go outta whack themselves or that they should be in one position forever all I'm trying to suggest is go see someone with the proper equipment and they will hook you up, i made this mistake with my warlock, and I payed 30$ to get it fixed, but afterward it was perfect and it played like new again

hope this helped, kjkinflames
Breakin shit since 87
Quote by KJKINFLAMES
uhhh as far as I know other then the height adjustments on your bottom bridge your not supposed to touch anything by touching the individual screws you just made your guitar outta whack... You cannot move the individual adjusters towards or away from the neck.... they were in a certain position to give you your sound and harmonics etc... I would go to a shop because they have a tool that reads the sound and they can adjust it, as for doing it yourself if you adjusted them towards or away then your SOL (as far as i know)

if you aren't taking about the adjustments on the bridge itself then I'm sorry for wasting your time, but if you did touch them, then that is a major failure and it'll probably cost you 30 - 50 $ to fix... id bring it to a shop because they can fix that pretty quick and they got the tools

now I know some people may be able to adjust this without the tool and maybe by ear but the adjustments are there for a reason... I'm not saying they don't go outta whack themselves or that they should be in one position forever all I'm trying to suggest is go see someone with the proper equipment and they will hook you up, i made this mistake with my warlock, and I payed 30$ to get it fixed, but afterward it was perfect and it played like new again

Wow...not sure where this comes from. Yes, I've had guitars max out their intonation adjustment. But I was able to get it close enough I guess. If you don't have a locking nut there are options regarding how a custom nut can be cut to compensate for string length. Buzz Feiten system may be an option for you but will cost approx $100 or so by an authorized installer.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
Quote by KJKINFLAMES

^dont listen to this TS.

TS what happened is you changed the gauge. so now you'll either have to adjust the neck relief, or if you're really close to in tune, and the saddles are facing towards the headstock, you can flip them so they point towards the rear, to get more room.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
^dont listen to this TS.

TS what happened is you changed the gauge. so now you'll either have to adjust the neck relief, or if you're really close to in tune, and the saddles are facing towards the headstock, you can flip them so they point towards the rear, to get more room.

I couldn't make sense of what he said anyway

I will flip them over and see if that works, cheers for the advice.
me either!

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011