Posted an ad on CL looking for a cab to compliment my Fender Hot Rod Deville 212. Got a response back from someone selling a Marshall 1966a with G12T-75 speakers. Never heard of this cab before, and after a little Googling, I found out some specs on it.

Do you think the G12T-75s will compliment my HRD well? I'm looking to get a little more...well...bottom end punch is the best way I can put it. I play a lot of blues/blues rock stuff (think SRV, Hendrix), and also stuff similar to Pearl Jam. I'll be playing both LPs and Strats through this combination. I always keep my amp on the clean channel and use a Keeley Blues Driver for an OD.

I've read these speakers are good for metal stuff, but I've never actually played anything through them so I'm not sure if they would work well for me.
Also, I can probably pick up this cab for $200. Good deal?
Main Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Telecaster and Stratocaster
Dr. Z Maz 18 Jr. NR, Vintage Fender Twin Reverb (early SF)
Effects from Wampler, Keeley, and others

Session Guitarist out of Pittsburgh
I would say based on this search it is a good deal.

I really can't speak to how well it will sound with your Fender. I know they are popular with Marshall amps but I honestly do not hear much about people pairing those speakers with a Fender.

Can I ask why you need an extension cab to go with your already heavy combo?
Thanks 311.

My hopes with pairing this amp up with an ext. cab is to create a "fuller" sound, if you will. When I play just the amp, I get some good tones out of it, but it always feels as if it could use some more punch. I was thinking an ext. cab with speakers that are voiced different than the Fender's, but could still compliment them, may do the trick.

Does this make sense? If you have any thoughts I would love and appreciate to hear them.
Main Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard

I prefer g12t-75's to v30's. They are good speakers. At that price you can't go wrong.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
+1 Chuggy

Quote by blkdtr
Thanks 311.

My hopes with pairing this amp up with an ext. cab is to create a "fuller" sound, if you will. When I play just the amp, I get some good tones out of it, but it always feels as if it could use some more punch. I was thinking an ext. cab with speakers that are voiced different than the Fender's, but could still compliment them, may do the trick.

Does this make sense? If you have any thoughts I would love and appreciate to hear them.

yeah it makes perfect sense. what kind of music do you play? You gig I take it?
Thanks guys.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

yeah it makes perfect sense. what kind of music do you play? You gig I take it?

Yep, I gig. Try to play out a few times a month, but it's tough to get original music heard in Pittsburgh I guess you could say my band plays mostly hard rock, but we have a few songs that aren't so heavy. I tend to inject my blues/blues rock influences into my playing on our songs though.
Main Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard

I have a V30 Marshall cab and a G12-75 Marshall cab and for anything more than light overdrive I prefer the V30 cab. For cleans I like the 1960 much better. Definitely go for it!