Hey guys,

So, on Friday, I'm going to be buying new pickups for my Ibanez. In my attempt to turn this into a Brutal guitar, and due to my general disdain for active pickups (just my opinion, I don't disdain people who use them!), I've decided to spring for a set of DiMarzio D-Activators.

Now, I also need to get a single coil to go between these bad ass mother f**kers. I was originally looking at a True Velvet middle pickup, and that is still the direction I'm leaning.

I'm mostly looking for a true single-coil (not hum-cancelling) that will mix well with the neck pickup to give me a good clean sound.

Would the True Velvet be good for this?

Thanks in advance!

-Sean

EDIT: Oh, I forgot. The guitar is an Ibanez S570DXQM, with a Mahogany body.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
If you hate active pickups, why are you using D-Activators? That doesn't make any sense...

And if you're using a DActivator neck and bridge, there really won't be any single coil that will sound good between them. Those pickups are way too hot to balance with any conventional single coils, imo.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
If you hate active pickups, why are you using D-Activators? That doesn't make any sense...

I don't like the inconvenience (for me) of active pickups, but I like the sound they produce. Should have been more clear.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by SLonergan
I don't like the inconvenience (for me) of active pickups, but I like the sound they produce. Should have been more clear.

Oh. They're not really that inconvenient, and passives won't give you a true active sound... But I digress.

Now for something more helpful.

I think you'd be a lot better off with a D Activator X in the neck, as opposed to a regular Activator. They have less output, and can pull off cleans a lot better than normal Activators.

For single coils (assuming you want Dimarzio's, I kind of assumed that), I personally like the SDS-1, but again, I don't thin they'll blend well with such high output humbuckers. you'll most likely experience a large volume drop between them. But if you're going to blend the two, and not use the single by itself, it may work out okay.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X