I am thinking that I would have to do some routing, etc. to make this happen, but I have a Strat that has three single coils and would like to replace the bridge pup with a humbucker of some sort.

I am looking for a little more crunch from the bridge.

What would be involved and is it worth the effort?
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
If it is a fender past 2000 model (not squire), you won't have to do any routing, just a new pickguard and call it a day. Mexican or American.
Fender Stratocaster USA Deluxe 2005
MIJ Fender Contemporary Stratocaster '85-'86 HSS System I DiMarzio SD Bridge
Epiphone 2010 Les Paul Tribute
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
Quote by guitar nubsauce
If it is a fender past 2000 model (not squire), you won't have to do any routing, just a new pickguard and call it a day. Mexican or American.

Excellent. I believe it is a 2003 MIM Strat. I will look into the new pickguard.

Any suggestions for a nice humbucker to stick in that position?
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
I think I may get an SHR-1B Pearly Gates. This way I don't have to worry about changing pickguards or routing. I play mainly classic/modern rock and just need a little more punch out of the bridge position.

Thanks people.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
If you need "just a little more punch," you can get a stacked humbucker, which is single-coil sized. No replacement of the pickguard necessary.
Hi, I'm Peter
I do recommend the JB Jr. Its got really good balance and isnt to harsh when the gains to high.
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
With a stacked single coil (single coil sized humbucker) you get more of a noiseless-single coil kind of sound. While the idea is a lot like a real humbucker, you won't get that actual humbucker sound.

TS; if I was you, I'd probably go with a JB/Pearly Gates and coil-tap it. You'll get the best of both worlds.

The JB is pretty bright, maybe too bright for your tastes, but the Pearly Gates will be smooth enough to handle what you want. I'm not too sure if you can coil-tap that one, though. You should be able to...
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
With a stacked single coil (single coil sized humbucker) you get more of a noiseless-single coil kind of sound. While the idea is a lot like a real humbucker, you won't get that actual humbucker sound.

That's not unilaterally true. My DiMarzio Chopper sounds nothing like a traditional single coil. In fact, for a while I was using it mounted between a PRS HFS and Vintage Bass and the Chopper kept up with both volume-wise. In the bridge position of a Strat, that pickup gives a monster sound for a single coil-sized unit.
Hi, I'm Peter