im guessing there has been a thread about this before but i cant find one so here it goes.

can anybody recommend any good songs/artists to listen to while playing shoot 'em up games such as halo/call of duty/battlefield

for halo there are the obvious ones such as the halo 2 theme and breaking benjamin - blow me away but i cant really think of many more.

any ideas?
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
anything by muse... or no doubt. though i prefer chilled out music (such as john mayer and BB king) because if you're chilled out and calm your reactions are better than when you're on edge and ''rocking out'' well... my reactions are better that way anyway.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
I used to always listen to System of a Down whilst playing CoD4 and it was awesome. But yeah what you normally listen to or any metal.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

For sports i need rap playin but for fighting,racing, and Shooters give me something heavy.

When i played WOW i would play Young Jeezy "And then What" 24/7 along with Lil Wayne "Hustla Music" and ride out to that while pvp'ing.

From Halo to Moder Warfare all shooters sound better with "Faint" or "Crawling" by linkin park blasting and BYOB also works too.
Knowledge is power
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Don't know about shooters, but Psy trance is really awesome when playing Starcraft.
A polar bear came to talk to me the other day....
...But then I realized...
...I don't own a coat, let alone firecrackers

Visit my Soundcloud, OR SUFFER.
the god of war III metal album
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

if you like punk: No pun intended - The Hives
alternative Nine black alps- Unsatisfied
" "- ironside
I usually just hit shuffle.
Or I listen to in game music. I've always loved the in game music.
ಠ_ಠ
Audiosurf mixed with Mars Volta seems like a good idea on paper. Much like Lysergic acid on paper *coolface*
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
I tend to prefer not to listen to music when i play, but some power metal should do the trick.
Quote by Toast1337
the god of war III metal album

"Blood and metal"

This
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Anything but three days grace and Drowning pool. That's all I ever hear on gaming videos.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Nothing beats thrash metal when you are playing a first person shooter. Put on some Megadeth, Anthrax, Exodus, and Metallica, then rack up the kills.

However, if you are playing an RPG or an MMO, progressive metal would be more appropriate.
i make quick scope sniper montages on mw2 and i use this good song on all my videos called let the bodies hit the flour by drowning pool its sooooooo cool

nah
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by RubberPuppiessu
i make quick scope sniper montages on mw2 and i use this good song on all my videos called let the bodies hit the flour by drowning pool its sooooooo cool

nah

0MG UR S0 PR0 TH0SE 360 HEADSHOTS WERE S0 1337!
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I listen to Reclamation by Lamb of God while playing Fallout, because it fits really well. Apart from that I like to play games in silence apart from the in-game FX
I like metal, the really heavy bassy type that gets you going - I'm talking Amon Amarth, Lamb of God, newer Testament, etc, and with the lights out, that just makes pc gaming so much more intense
I like The Subways' "All Or Nothing" album when I play Forza 3, but it's always a safe bet to go with some Anamanaguchi, which works with any game.
What are you dense?
Are you retarded or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.

April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob

Classical music. You should snipe while doing it.

Otherwise, I'd go with dubstep or some other electronic music.
heavy fucking electro. or heavy fucking metal.

can't go wrong either way.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
Welcome Home - Coheed and Cambria
Kashmir - Led Zeppelin

Any thing in that epic sounding theme
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.
Ever since Burnout included a selection of classical tracks on Paradise, I've pretty much used playlists of various composers on most games.

It probably works most well on GTA, what with the variations of gameplay allowing for some remarkable combinations.
Quote by Gyroscope

*The Entertainer"

+1
Gear:
ESP LTD EX-351 (Black)
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by Shredoftheday
Wow your a true genius UFhobo

Quote by slight☼return
holy shitnelte herp derped with fries brah.

Quote by J Mud
I love five guys. It does look gross in pictures, but it tastes too damn good.