I havn't changed my guitar strings for like a year and a half, just some nice strings, not too expensive.

I also need a plectrum thats good for single picking and have grip cause i tend to drop my pick while strumming.

Thanks.
Rotosound are good. You get a free high E string too.

And as for picks, I use Dunlop Nylons 1mm, they're good for what you described.
yeh rotosound are good if you tend to break the high e. you get a bonus one of them! but lately i'm into earnie ball super slinky's. and i use the thinnest plectrums i can find, just compensate with extra volume if i do single string picking (as i play blues i often do) so can't comment on plectrum type.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Rotosound strings are great, they are bright too.
D'Addario strings are ok, the EXP's are great though.
Elixers last a long time but are meh on the tone scale.
Earnie Ball Strings are cheap, for a good reason.
GHS Boomers are similar to RotoSound, but for some reason last longer.
Dean Markely Blue Steels are ok, cheap and sound decent, but don't last too long.
well all i can do is tell you what picks ive used.
dunlp gator .96mm (dark purple colored)
washburn lyons (thick as hell.i honestly think they are meant for keepin your chair from wobbling around, lol) blue colored.
thats all i remember, lol.
but those some good picks to use.
Tis True, I am a shredder amongst shredders, but "what is the difference?" you ask? Uhh....i get back to you on that?
(Ponder)..
I use D'Addario light top heavy bottom.

As for picks I use Dunlop Jazz IIIs

I don't have any problems holding picks unless I'm tired.
I swear by Dean Markley Blue Steel 10-46.

And as for picks, I use Dunlop Tortex 1.14s, and file them down to make them not as wide.
MOMMY MAD 'CAUSE I MADE A BOOM ON THE RUG

Gretsch G5120 >>> ProCo Rat >>> Fender Bassman 4x10
Why don't you just order up half a dozen and see which you like. Every time I order a new set of strings online I'll order a couple of different picks. In the end we can tell you endlessly which ones we use but only you can decide. My favs at the moment are Pickboy reefer and Dunlop Jazztone (can't remember thickness)

Thrench
Ibanez AS73
Squier Blonde Standard Telecaster
Home built Telecaster Deluxe
Vox AC4TV amp
Vox V845 Wah Wah
Marshall reverb
Korg Pandora PX4 multi effects
Digitech Death Metal distortion pedal

God is busy, save yourselves!!!
Honestly, you're not going to get any help at all by people just telling you what you like. Things like picks and strings are entirely subjective and depend on the individual player. There are none that are better than another, they're just all different.

It can be a hard answer to hear, but you can really only discover what you like by trying a lot of different kinds, and using process of elimination.

Fortunately, this is easy to do because strings only cost around $5 a pack, and picks $3 a set.

Also, you should be changing your strings every 1-3 months, depending on how long you play. This is not a rule, and you never have to change your strings technically, but it's just recommended.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Honestly, you're not going to get any help at all by people just telling you what you like. Things like picks and strings are entirely subjective and depend on the individual player. There are none that are better than another, they're just all different.

It can be a hard answer to hear, but you can really only discover what you like by trying a lot of different kinds, and using process of elimination.

Fortunately, this is easy to do because strings only cost around $5 a pack, and picks $3 a set.

Also, you should be changing your strings every 1-3 months, depending on how long you play. This is not a rule, and you never have to change your strings technically, but it's just recommended.

Totally this!

Everyone will have a different preference of strings and picks. It really depends on your playing style, the sound you are looking for, and your wallet size.

For example: I personally used to buy Ernie Ball Power Slinky, or Hybrid Slinky, by the CASE. My sweat tended to eat them alive, especially in the summer months where the humidity levels of different venues would play hell on them.

I then moved on to D'Addario XL's in various sizes, but I kept breaking them.

Next I moved over to DR Strings (PHR-11 Pure Blues) and loved the tone, low breakage rate, and the fact that they were pure nickel (easier on your fret wire than steel). Sure, they cost a little more than other strings but are worth every penny to me, because I don't break them as much, nor do I corrode them after four songs on stage.

However, I moved over to Dean Markley Blue Steels for a while, but I dig in a lot on my frets, so a fret job after three months of using them, made me think otherwise.

I pretty much use DR Pure Blues exclusively now. But that's because I have been using them for a little over 15 years or so. Once you find something you like, you tend to stick with it.

Anyway, regarding picks... Just buy a few different types each time you hit the music shop. You will eventually find something you like. I personally have gone through so many different brands and styles of picks, that I have at least three shoe boxes FULL of them.

I prefer Gator Grip Greens, or The Tortex Purples.
POOPY-TRIM!