Hey I bought a BBE Green Screamer used at Guitar Center for only $50, but am now seeing a Micro Cube for $60. Worth the trade? I have the Green Screamer to get some crunch tones through a Direct Box at my church. It sounds awesome and I love it, but the Micro Cube is WAY more versatile, and can still do what my Green Screamer does at church.

It is a very modern church and we tend to pump up slower and quieter songs. So gain is good. =P
~~~...:::My Gear:::...~~~
~.:.ESP LTD H-1001FM.:.~
~.:.Peavey Vypyr 15W.:.~
~.:.DigiTech RP355.:.~
~.:.Roland MicroCube.:.~
So if you had this same opportunity would you do it?
Maybe. I'm playing through a microcube atm actually (6505+ is just a little loud for home practice). It's good if not especially tweakable.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I already have the MicroCube. If I didn't I would trade. But I have a drawer full of pedals, so one traded away wouldn't mean much to me.
i'd do the trade for the cube. i've got a micro cube and it's awesome!
then again, you've already got a Vypyr for your practising needs.
Basically will it give me better tone/sound? I think it will, I have no use for the actual pedal on my pedal, just the effect it gives. And I would like to have a Micro Cube eventually anyways for its mobile abilities so I think I'll go for it!
a tubescreamer/greenscreamer/maxon OD (you get the picture) should be in every guitarists arsenal at all times IMO. when the day comes you have a tube amp, you'll more than likely want a tube screamer again. so just keep that in mind.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
are you looking to stagith up trade with the guitar store? because you'll only get $25 towards the cube.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
No Im just going to return the GreenScreamer. And trust me $50 isn't hard to spare, so pretend for now money is no object. I just wanted to know which will sound better through a Direct Box. But Ive made up my mind. The micro cube is not only going to serve as a OD/boost for when Im playing, but also a handy little reliable amp. BTW Im only 15 and have been playing for around a year... And if I ever come around to getting a tube amp, Id get a Digitech Hardwire Valve Distortion Pedal.
I use a Green Screamer. Great pedal IMO. Sounds a tad warmer than an actual tube screamer, and the LED isn't all crappy

I personally wouldn't do the trade, but that's because my GS is basically a quarter of my rig and instrumental in order for me to get my sound.

EDIT: I personally wouldn't buy that digitech you're thinking of getting. TBH it's not that great of a pedal and there are tons of ODs that will do a better job.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Last edited by CL/\SH at Sep 20, 2010,
What is the cube going to do that your vypyr can't?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by BrokenDstring
a tubescreamer/greenscreamer/maxon OD (you get the picture) should be in every guitarists arsenal at all times IMO. when the day comes you have a tube amp, you'll more than likely want a tube screamer again. so just keep that in mind.

couldn't have said it better myself... so i repeated yours.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by CL/\SH

EDIT: I personally wouldn't buy that digitech you're thinking of getting. TBH it's not that great of a pedal and there are tons of ODs that will do a better job.

Well that pedal isn't really an OD at all, it's just a straight up distortion pedal. And for what it does, from what I've heard it's pretty damn good.

There's someone on here that has some clips of it with their Valveking and it sounds pretty good.
The cube is going to let me use it with batteries, and give me effects and stuff through the Direct Box at Church. This is my first pedal, and won't be my last, and tbh the one and ONLY reason I have the Green Screamer is to give me that OD tone at church. So seriously I think Its worth getting a MicroCube instead.
Quote by Sputnik1
Orianthi would go for the cube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKHthNMoMzA

That or Orianthi only had the cube available?
I'm fairly certain Orianthi would go for ENGL, Marshall, EVH, Bogner, Soldano or any of the other amp brands she's used...

Plus her tone there is pretty feeble compared to what she can get.

Also, you have an amp...use that?
The BBE Green Screamer is pretty badass as a pedal, and arguably better than like, the "standard" TS-808 style pedals.
Ok, the reasons I want Micro Cube:
To give OD and Boost when playing through a Direct Box at Church (plus effects)
To play it on it's battery power when I go camping or something
To have a spare small amp, something that I can take to friends houses

Reasons I want the Green Screamer:
To give me OD and Boost through a Direct Box at Church

3 pros to 1 pro. Plus I for sure would have gotten a Micro Cube anyways in the future, so I might as well save some money and get a cheaper one now.

So for my needs does anyone still really think I should keep the BBE? I certainly don't.
Last edited by Diesel Weasel at Sep 21, 2010,
$50 for a uCube is a good deal. If you need the portable battery aspect, you can't do better than the deal you've got. Sounds like you've made the right decision.