I love The Ghost Of A Thousand's Guitar tones and would like some help on how to achieve it.

Listen to Nobody Likes A Hero. The intro has a really cool tone, which suits the upper-midrange notes really well. Then, when the immense chunky rhythm guitar comes in a short while later, it sounds awesome! It sounds like they don't use OD or distortion, but fuzz instead. Am I right? What kinda fuzz do you think? And how do they get such an unbelievably thick sound on the guitars? Heavy string gauge? Amp?

Thanks guys, I really wanna nail this tone.
Adam
Definitely a fuuz at the start, reminds me of Rocket my Smashing Pumpkins. Devi Ever makes a fuzz that does that sound called Rocket.
http://rocket.deviever.com/
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Oh my God I think I just had a small orgasm from listening to that pedal.

It sounds unbelievable! And it sounds like GOAT too! Thanks dude, that's awesome!
Quote by Jhachey22
Definitely a fuuz at the start, reminds me of Rocket my Smashing Pumpkins. Devi Ever makes a fuzz that does that sound called Rocket.
http://rocket.deviever.com/
Holy crap, that's a REALLY dirty sounding pedal.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
if i remember correctly ghost of a thousand use marshal dsl heads but that may be totally off:P
Amps:
Orange Rocker 30
Marshall JCM 800 1960 4x12
Guitars:
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400
Pedals:
Boss SD-1
Boss GE-7
Behringer TU-300

www.myspace.com/oceansatealaska
Oh cool Josh thanks man! That is possibly the luckiest thing in the world.... I have a DSL. :L:L

With regards to the Devi Ever pedal, I found a white spider for sale in the UK, is that the same thing? They look the same. I can't find a rocket.
You could probably coax a simliar sound out of it.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
It's not, it turns out, irritatingly. I thought it was but they aren't...

But I have found one in the US I can import. It would be £149.50 to import, that's like $245 (inc. postage), I was wondeing if anyone knew how much customs would slap on this in the UK?
Quote by adstr123
It's not, it turns out, irritatingly. I thought it was but they aren't...

But I have found one in the US I can import. It would be £149.50 to import, that's like $245 (inc. postage), I was wondeing if anyone knew how much customs would slap on this in the UK?

If you can get the guy sending it to label it as a gift, you might be able to avoid import taxes.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
I love the heavy rock/punk sound of The Ghost Of A Thousand. But i having problems to get a simular sound. Maby somone can help me?

I use a Orange Thunderverb 50, Gibson LP studio.

Any tip?
Rise from the dead my child, RISE RISE RISE!!!!!!
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay