Hello again,

Im not normally a fan of modelling pedals, but i think the line 6 pod is a good idea because you can get certain sounds than you normally couldnt get without an expensive loud tube amp.

What i wanna know is could you build something similar to the line 6 pod, i.e. have a circuit with a chip you could load a patch onto but have it so you could have only one patch?

I dont need a line 6 pod because i dont want to spend £100 on such a thing when really i only need the one effect, so would such a thing be doable?
Quote by Down&Out
Hello again,

Im not normally a fan of modelling pedals, but i think the line 6 pod is a good idea because you can get certain sounds than you normally couldnt get without an expensive loud tube amp.

What i wanna know is could you build something similar to the line 6 pod, i.e. have a circuit with a chip you could load a patch onto but have it so you could have only one patch?

I dont need a line 6 pod because i dont want to spend £100 on such a thing when really i only need the one effect, so would such a thing be doable?

If you jsut want one particular amp sound, look into Tech 21's character series.
http://www.tech21nyc.com/products/sansamp/characterseries.html
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
If you need one effect, just buy it. It would cost you way more to make your own, even if you knew what you were doing.
That would be very difficult to make. Got a degree in electronics? You'll need it.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
It wouldn't be cost effective even if you did know how to do it. The reason that they're able to keep the prices so low is they are mass produced PCB's on an assembly line.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Unless you happen to have a semiconductor fab in your basement, no.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Unless you happen to have a semiconductor fab in your basement, no.
That's not entirely necessary.
I'm sure there are IC/DSP kits out there you could use.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Jhachey22
If you jsut want one particular amp sound, look into Tech 21's character series.
http://www.tech21nyc.com/products/sansamp/characterseries.html

This.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by Kyleisthename
This made me.lol.
It's only like $150. Dude just buy it

Yes because students are rich and have money to throw about.
Quote by Kanthras
That's not entirely necessary.
I'm sure there are IC/DSP kits out there you could use.

Yeah, yeah
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Down&Out
Hello again,

well, modeling technology is usually based on some DSP chip. to make the pedal you'd need the chip and the parts to interact with it (power supply, knobs, switches, etc) and the housing and jacks as well. unfortunately this turns out to be a alot of money. then you have to learn to code in the language of the DSP chip and you need a developers kit to do it with. more time and money.

fortunately, Line 6 already has DSP designed pedals, ready to go. write your code, plug in the usb and you're ready. develope all you want. ~150 usd, and then you can buy modules for ~20 usd.

can't really get cheaper than that. unfortunately, i bought one, have a CS degree and found the process cryptic at best. you can write in C or in assembly (assembly language is the way to go cuz code is more efficient) but the code is far from self evident (i have taught myself a number of languages too).
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Sep 21, 2010,