EDIT: So I decided to spend a little more money and go for:
Vox VT30
Fender Mustang

or wait a bit (month orso) for the VT20+.

The VT20+ will be almost the same as VT30 I think so..
What are the differences between the fender mustang and the Vox VT30?

Heey,

So i wanted to get a small bedroom amp for practice.
i've been looking around and the Vox Pathfinder 15r en Vox Da5 interested me.
Now, I wanted to know which one is better for rock or pop rock.

So no heavy metal or anything like that.

But I do want some decent distortion, med gain.
The Da5 seems to do a better job with that. (not sure though)

Everybody seems to lvoe the fact that the Da5 can run on batteries, but since the amp will be just in my bedroom I don't really care.

The Da5 has alot of effects but they seem to be pretty bad.
But I do like that they're "styles" on the Da5 so you can get a decent tone fast.

Some people I like are:
-Eric Clapton (Layla)
-Muse
-Red Hot Chilli Peppers
-C.N. Blue
-FT Island

Now, tbh I just started out so I'm still fresh and don't know alot...
Any advice would be appreciated.

If you have any tips for amps around 100 Euros (The Netherlands) that would be appreciated too =)

Han Quang
Last edited by HanQuang at Sep 21, 2010,
The Pathfinder is a good amp if you want to add pedals. Otherwise I would go for the DA5. I have a Pathfinder 15 at work with an RP155 pedal. It does the job.
Quote by fly135
The Pathfinder is a good amp if you want to add pedals. Otherwise I would go for the DA5. I have a Pathfinder 15 at work with an RP155 pedal. It does the job.

Thanks for the reply.
I've been looking around the internet and I found the micro cube to be interesting too.
Yes I know, the cube is for high gain and the others for low.

But I was wondering, since I do want to play alot of styles of music.
Which of the three has the broadest range (while still sounding decent).

I don't really have money for a pedal, so i'm leaning towards the Da5
The da5 will give you more range of tones than the pathfinder. The micro cube is not just for high gain. I have one. I don't know whether the cube or the da5 is better, as I've never compared them. But I like my cube.
SO i've been reading the sticky again and I tried looking at the higher price range amps.
Then I read this:
Vox Valvetronix VT15/VT30 (2/3 channel) (Euro, C): good range of tones - can get into metal territory too, but is supposed to excel at rock tones.

Which sounds Ideal to me.
Well, they have the VT15 in a shop near me for 140 euros (the Da5 is 100).
Now, is the VT alot better than the Da5? Thing is, I want to buy 1 amp and keep it for a pretty long time. So, better buy something better even though it's a bit more expensive.

Or should I just get 40 euros more and get the VT30.
Or maybe wait and see the new VT series?
The VT20+ Will be around 180 euros. (The VT15 is 150 and VT30 190)

They're too many choices >.<

(Sorry if you're kinda sick of me xD)
Last edited by HanQuang at Sep 21, 2010,
Hi,

Have a look at the new Fender Mustang. I just bought the Mustang 1, 20 watt, and within a day I took back my Vox Da5 for a refund.

There is no comparison. The Mustang is much louder, sounds better, and is fully customizable. With the Fuse software you can totally change the characteristics of any given amp (24 original presets come with it) and save it as one of your presets. I even use the "Phones" line out on the amp and run it to a 30 watt amp made for a boat or motorcycle that I have a pair of Sansui 40 watt speakers (10" woofers, 3" tweeters) hooked up to and it sounds great in stereo.

Oh, just to add, this amp was only $119 Canadian, $219 for the 40 watt. I have a couple of buddies that have been playing for 30+ years and have owned various amps along the way and I can't keep them away from the Mustang. They currently have a Fender Frontman 65R and a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. Within minutes they had the Mustang sounding like their amps, with the ability of so much more, at a fraction of the cost. Give it a look.

Glen
Last edited by Muskoka at Sep 21, 2010,
Good Stuff on the Mustang, I am looking for a good amp to take to Afghanistan I am down to 3 choices now, Mustang, Vypyr, and V5
Gear-
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000 VB
Epiphone Negative G-400 SG
Jackson Dinky
Custom Explorer
Custom V(being built)
CEC Amplification Suckerpunch 15
Catalinbread DLS v2
Humphrey Audio Slo/Diezel mod MT-2
Monsterpiece NPN/Classic
So I decided to spend a little more money and go for:
Vox VT30
Fender Mustang

or wait a bit (month orso) for the VT20+.

The VT20+ will be almost the same as VT30 I think so..
What are the differences between the fender mustang and the Vox VT30?